Junkers Ju 52/3mg5e - Airfix 1/72

CedB

Nice work on the Ju-52 Ced. What's next? Do you have anything older than this or the Frog S-6B?

Fingers crossed for the weather on Tuesday. About 15 years ago I set out to do a PPL in NW England, I had my share of weather cancellations!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Beard said:

It looks great, Ced.

Thanks Simon, very kind :)

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Looks lovely Ced

Have a great whizzabout, for us all

Thanks Bill :) I'll try! I'm just hoping the weather's good enough for a flight... fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, Fatboydim said:

Nice one Ced. 😁

Thanks Joe :) Very kind, as always.

11 hours ago, Leonl said:

Well well, missed this one! Great job....

Tr9 ooo I can only wish..... one day one day....

Thanks Leon - at least you caught the end! :)

10 hours ago, giemme said:

I can only concur with the others, on both accounts: nice model :clap: and very envious about you flying in a Spit :thumbsup: Enjoy it! 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio :)

10 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I don't know about it not being one of your best! I think it looks great.

Keeping everything crossed for you for Tuesday.

John

Awww thanks John, very kind :)

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Might not be Ced, but it's an excellent result, given what you had to work with....!!

Fingers crossed the Met Office are wrong - again - about Tuesday!

Keith

Thanks Keith - I'm obviously being a bit masochistic in this GB but the Sunderland is still waiting and I'm hoping that's better!

9 hours ago, zebra said:

Nice work on the Ju-52 Ced. What's next? Do you have anything older than this or the Frog S-6B?

Fingers crossed for the weather on Tuesday. About 15 years ago I set out to do a PPL in NW England, I had my share of weather cancellations!

Thanks Zebra :) Something older? Oh yes, I'm afraid I do...

Thanks to everyone as always for your help, support and company during this build.

Next build started here:

Come on over - it'll be great to see you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looks very good, Ced! You built a great looking model from an old kit :clap2:

Two finish models in five weeks is a bit too much for most of us :blush:

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm for the GB!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hello Ced, despite the age of the kit, you have done an excellent job on it! I picked up a few hints on improving these older kits, and as I like building 'legacy' kits, they will come in useful! It was a great save with the glazing, and good idea with the panzer putty. Until I got this month's Airfix magazine I had never heard of it, now I find you have been using it for some time!

All the best,

Ray

• Thanks 1

Thanks Benedikt :D

Thanks Jaime for the kind comments and, of course, for running a great GB :) Two models in five weeks is likely to slow down as I find other things to do in retirement!

Thanks Ray. The putty is very useful when tape won't work. Worth the investment IMHO :)

Thanks Tony :D

I think you'll find the Filmoplast handy for jobs where painted decal sheet just won't cut it.

It comes in big rolls and should last for ages!

I've just heard the UK weather forecast for tomorrow and they're going for some rain passing through in the morning followed,by a nice day, so hopefully it will be chock away for you.

Cheers

John

Edited by Biggles87
  • Thanks 1

Done and dusted and moved on already.:clap2::clap2::clap2: honestly. :D great end result, she looks great in the gallery too. Not an easy kit but you made it look that way. Top job once again. (Right where's that new build of yours I'm late to start following.) :o

Jont.

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2017 at 05:38, Stew Dapple said:

Good job Ced, a good result from your tenacity in the face of enough provocations to have made me bin that kit five times over, my hat is doffed B)

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew - I'm partial to a bit of doffing - ta matey! :D

On 09/10/2017 at 11:55, Grandboof said:

Good looking Tante Ju Well done 

Martin H

Thanks Martin, glad you like it :)

On 09/10/2017 at 13:11, Biggles87 said:

I've just heard the UK weather forecast for tomorrow and they're going for some rain passing through in the morning followed,by a nice day, so hopefully it will be chock away for you.

Cheers

John

Thanks John - been watching the weather like a hawk for days but good news - I FLEW! Please see Grumman thread for updates :)

On 09/10/2017 at 22:23, The Spadgent said:

Done and dusted and moved on already.:clap2::clap2::clap2: honestly. :D great end result, she looks great in the gallery too. Not an easy kit but you made it look that way. Top job once again. (Right where's that new build of yours I'm late to start following.) :o

Jont.

Thanks Jont, very kind :) See you in the Grumman thread!

• Like 3