BAe 146-200 - Manx Airlines

zebra

Hello zebra,

Job well done. I like it very much.

Are these type of aircraft still operational? I noticed that the Belgian Airlines scrapped them from the fleet.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello zebra,

Job well done. I like it very much.

Are these type of aircraft still operational? I noticed that the Belgian Airlines scrapped them from the fleet.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Thanks Orion

I think there are quite a few 146s and Avro RJs flying still. G-MIMA is now with Mahan Air in Iran and I think CityJet is the biggest operator in Europe now. The last one I saw was a Canadian fire bomber.

As a former BAe146 driver, it's always nice to see them modelled. 

I flew the -200, -200QC and the -300 for Ansett New Zealand on domestic ops throughout the country. At one stage we had 9 of the little beasties, all delivered brand new, except for the QC, which was a BAe demo aircraft (until repainted we called it The Jaffa as it had a large orange stylised "QC" on the tail) Repaint was done in Melbourne, and flying it home was my first proper international flight!

When the airline folded in 2001 the aircraft went back to Melbourne where they were badly damaged in a storm and subsequently scrapped. 

• Like 3

Yes...with no brakes (no hydraulic pressure) and just wheel chocks, they got blown into each other....wings through fuselages etc. they're were some pictures online somewhere. The scrapping pictures were even more disturbing, with excavators being used to break them up!

6 hours ago, F1xena said:

Yes...with no brakes (no hydraulic pressure) and just wheel chocks, they got blown into each other....wings through fuselages etc. they're were some pictures online somewhere. The scrapping pictures were even more disturbing, with excavators being used to break them up!

Found a sad pic here: https://smiliner.com/2006/02/ansett-bae-146s-broken-up/