Soviet Lieutenant, Red Army 1942

JackG

Modelling in its sheer essence! :worthy: Outstanding and absolutely realistic, top to bottom. The paint job is simply amazing; apart form the "obvious" things, like eyes and skin tones, the details set this off - like the absolutely true-to-life eyebrows and hair.

My hat's off to you , sir! :clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 2

Thank you Graham,  Chris, and 593jones.

Skin tones initially started with a dark green primer overall, with some lighter green sprayed over the top simulating the light source.  Some of the green can still be seen on the undersides like her brow, lower lip, chin and jaw line.   Over this was sprayed Base Flesh, followed with Natural Flesh from top, again like it were a light source.  Then the small brush work began.  I heavily relied on my fingertip to feather the brush strokes.

This was the paint I used for the flesh, which is essentially Vallejo brand:

fairy-flesh-fantasy-pro-nocturna-set-by-

94-234-zoom.jpg

There is actually two sets of colours in the box, but I used almost all of them as those on the left column give a more red hue to the skin.

regards,

Jack

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow! I was impressed with the photos; until I saw the last one I thought it was a moulded kit! Having seen what you had to do in order to get the hair, eyebrows, uniform on... Stunning! Beautiful painting too.:worthy:

• Like 1

Thank you Bigglesof266 and Colin.

Yes, the original bust had her mouth slightly opened, so I sawed off the lower jaw, and then built up the lips somewhat and puttied over the seams once the jaw was back in place.   The reason for closing the mouth was influenced by the period photo I was using as a reference (and inspiration).

35291826890_453444833c_b.jpg

36412760661_cbf3fe45e2_b.jpg

regards,

Jack

• Like 5

Wow!  Really outstanding and so lifelike.  I even showed this one to my wife who equally impressed ..........

Regards

Dave

• Like 1