Revell 1/48 BF-109F Question

Crossiant Oliver

I have a question with the BF-109F. For the build you have to assemble the engine. I started this kit 5 years ago when I was 10 and didn't know anything about modeling in general. The engine is already built but in pieces, some I can't find. Is there any way I can build the model without putting the engine assembly in it?

1 hour ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

The engine is already built but in pieces, some I can't find. Is there any way I can build the model without putting the engine assembly in it?

probably,  though you may find the basic engine block is needed to  mount the prop shaft and exhausts.  

The only Revell Bf109F i  know is the ICM kit reboxed BTW.

• Like 1

The short answer is yes you can build it without the engine in if you are careful. I had to do that as I couldn't get the engine to line up properly. I can't remember all the details now but I think I had to make something to support the exhausts and spent some time making sure the engine covers all lined up correctly.

Just to make things even more interesting I didn't have the instructions as it was a kit swap acquisition (which probably explains my inability to get the engine to fit).

Duncan B

• Like 1