Tiger 1 initial prod.

PanZair

Looks like he has almost as much whitewash on his face as on the tank.  You're not supposed to drink it dummy!

Amazing, I thought it was real life for a second.  The Tiger is probably only a year old if that, yet it looks ancient, excellent job.

Lloyd

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PanZair said:

yes for the zombie crew, it was the first impression when I showed it to other friends ;)

and the wheel too clean on the back ;)

Yes, but that aside, that is a very nice build. Great weathering and the figure looks very good and war weary.

John.

• Like 1

Stunning weathering. Yes, it's extremely over-weathered considering its age, but I don't care.

As for the guy with the whitewash, I have been planning on a diorama with the exact same thing going on. I just haven't decided whether to whitewash a Tiger I, a Tiger II or a Sherman. I'm thinking all 3 now!!

As for the clean spare wheel on the back, Tigers didn't carry spare wheels like some tanks, so the 'spare' was obviously 'salvaged' from another... which was a lot cleaner! Problem solved!

Are you considering placing the Tiger in a diorama?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badder said:

Stunning weathering. Yes, it's extremely over-weathered considering its age, but I don't care.

As for the guy with the whitewash, I have been planning on a diorama with the exact same thing going on. I just haven't decided whether to whitewash a Tiger I, a Tiger II or a Sherman. I'm thinking all 3 now!!

As for the clean spare wheel on the back, Tigers didn't carry spare wheels like some tanks, so the 'spare' was obviously 'salvaged' from another... which was a lot cleaner! Problem solved!

Are you considering placing the Tiger in a diorama?

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks for the com ;)

no diorama with this tiger, sorry ;)

Sometimes a model is SO good that it deserves several 'looks at' over several weeks, and deserves more likes than one can give.

Again, your winter camo and heavy weathering is stunning, and puts my winter StuG III to shame. I'm thinking maybe I shall have to re-weather it.

Rearguards,

Badder

BTW, whilst typing this I was interrupted by a rather big house spider which ran across the back of the settee right by my head. It isn't the biggest I've ever seen, maybe 3/4s the size, but still big enough to make me yelp and swear profusely!!

Here it is next to the queen's head for size comparison.

783419DSC095412.jpg

Now, if the Germans had designed a tank with 8 legs.........

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back again....Mainly because I still find this Tiger sensational. But secondly because I bought the Tamiya version the other day and was looking for tips. Mine will be a North African tank though.

Rearguards,

Badder

Just to let everyone know, (including PanZair) this is the ONLY Tiger I initial production model available to view on BM. All the photos of others were on Photobucket and haven't been/can't be replaced.