Zvezda 1/72 French Dragoons/Foot Artillery

Jim Wasley

Have been scanning such fine work in this scale thought I would give it a try,has been many years since I tried this scale in figures,and how they have changed,the amount of detail in this size to me is astounding,took me little time to build after dropping them more than a hundred times(so Small) now all I need is for my eyes to last and paint them,if that works out think I will be hooked,anyway much more room on the shelf. Cheerstn_aa41140f-531a-4325-b98f-9644157bba83.tn_672f0173-fd12-4df7-9ac2-3d55de90ea03.tn_0b8d4f2d-e39b-44d8-b562-d0295424a610.tn_763f196b-d332-4b69-8111-b679dcade641.tn_81276070-d4cf-4fab-8e53-8c8bfe387f7b.

At this scale it's much better to paint before assembly Jim. Cavalry are impaled, horses and Infantry I blue/white tack onto bottle tops for handling. Some will drill into infantry soles and insert a hot wire to stick into a cork. Zvezda are widely regarded as the top manufacturer of plastics however they've now stopped manufacturing so grab what you can while it's there, WIGIG. Strelets used to provide odd little figures ( to my eyes) but of late they are producing some very presentable Napoleonic boxes of marching or advancing. which is what Infantry do a lot of. The newest in production I think are must buys of Infantry "at ease". Worth a look :yes::smirk:

Example

31192210314_a031c2b79e_o.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FredG said:

At this scale it's much better to paint before assembly Jim. Cavalry are impaled, horses and Infantry I blue/white tack onto bottle tops for handling. Some will drill into infantry soles and insert a hot wire to stick into a cork. Zvezda are widely regarded as the top manufacturer of plastics however they've now stopped manufacturing so grab what you can while it's there, WIGIG. Strelets used to provide odd little figures ( to my eyes) but of late they are producing some very presentable Napoleonic boxes of marching or advancing. which is what Infantry do a lot of. The newest in production I think are must buys of Infantry "at ease". Worth a look :yes::smirk:

Example

31192210314_a031c2b79e_o.jpg

Thanks very much for that info,typical find something I like and its out of production,sorry the pics may have given a false impression nothing is glued or fixed just put them together to try fit and take some pics,and yes for years I have these plastic tops I use to paint all my small parts,but it was nice of you to give me the heads up,I have been modeling some 50 years and I'm sure I have made every mistake there is(learnt little)someone like you would have been handy,but this was long before computers,A Big thanks Cheers Jim.

• Like 1

Everyone has their way of modelling. I've seen fully painted sprues of figures which I still don't understand as when they're cut off they have to be trimmed and retouched.

I remember those days of 9d for an airfix kit too. 2s for a Mosquito and 2/6d for a Lancaster :D

1 hour ago, FredG said:

Everyone has their way of modelling. I've seen fully painted sprues of figures which I still don't understand as when they're cut off they have to be trimmed and retouched.

I remember those days of 9d for an airfix kit too. 2s for a Mosquito and 2/6d for a Lancaster :D

Yes I know what you mean,I have on the odd occasion with my AFV done the sprue painting but it does make gluing harder and this is only on the small parts.( and not my fingers)I remember(on the odd occasion when I do?)  kits of small aircraft coming in a plastic bag and the penny went much further than the cent.Sorry just having a senior moment!!:P Thanks again for your help,A good Aussie Cheers(Good on ya Mate)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic work Jim you certainly know what you are doing I to have senior moments they seem to be getting more lately yes i also remember going to my local newsagent in County Durham for my weekly kit stash usually one to build and a couple to stash and all for less than 10 bob in old money ah memories 

:drunk:

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2017 at 8:22 PM, Homer said:

Fantastic work Jim you certainly know what you are doing I to have senior moments they seem to be getting more lately yes i also remember going to my local newsagent in County Durham for my weekly kit stash usually one to build and a couple to stash and all for less than 10 bob in old money ah memories 

:drunk:

Thanks Homer,yes give me the old days anytime,the Bob went further than ten cents and a penny could always buy something.Memories.When I have them that is:D.Cheers.