Airfix Little Nellie, James Bond You only live twice

M1ks

Completed the old 1/24 Airfix Little Nellie Wallis Autogyro.

Blog review here:

Youtube review and build here with more detail pics:

Edited by M1ks
  • Like 38

What a wonderful model you have made.  I just picked up this kit off of an eBay auction.  I only hope mine turns out half as well as yours.  It really looks the part.  I am very impressed with how well your James Bond figure turned out and how much you made him look like the man Sean Connery!  Great build.  Did you do a WIP?

4 hours ago, georgeusa said:

What a wonderful model you have made.  I just picked up this kit off of an eBay auction.  I only hope mine turns out half as well as yours.  It really looks the part.  I am very impressed with how well your James Bond figure turned out and how much you made him look like the man Sean Connery!  Great build.  Did you do a WIP?

Hope you were not the one who paid £350 for it.

Rio

Nice job.

And synchronicity! Must be something in the water. I'm 3/4 through building this one myself at present.

While I often have a little pot containing detail-painted subassemblies set aside on the window-ledge when I'm kit building, this is the first time I've built a kit that seems to consist of nothing but detail-painted subassemblies!

What did you use to add the sparkplug leads? They're one of the more prominent missing parts in the kit, and I have a plan involving fuse wire.

Edited by Hamiltonian
Last para

Great work. I could hear the JB theme background music (complete with gunfire and explosions) in my mind as I read the posts. One of my favourite Bond films and sequences, and you do Little Nellie and her pilot (real or fictional) justice with your work. I'm also extremely pleased that Airfix included a pilot figure: nothing looks worse (IMO) than an open vehicle like a Wallis autogyro or motorcycle with no pilot or rider.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 1:41 AM, rio said:

Hope you were not the one who paid £350 for it.

Rio

Not hardly!  I got it for under $20.00. But I would be willing to sell it for a bargain £300 and throw in free shipping to the lucky buyer!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 03:09, georgeusa said:

Thanks, I'm pleased you think he looks like Connery as I didn't think he looked much like him at all, haha.
I don't do WIP posts or threads these days after losing so many pics to Photobuckets demands and found that stopping to snap pics and move parts to show them actually worked against my willingness on a build. What I do now is reviews and build updates on my Youtube channel, I find it easier to do that and show what's going on with the build and it doesn't put me off the process, rather, helps to encourage me.
The youtube playlist for this particular one is here:

and my Channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/spidiq8

On 9/14/2017 at 12:36, Hamiltonian said:

Nice job.

And synchronicity! Must be something in the water. I'm 3/4 through building this one myself at present.

While I often have a little pot containing detail-painted subassemblies set aside on the window-ledge when I'm kit building, this is the first time I've built a kit that seems to consist of nothing but detail-painted subassemblies!

What did you use to add the sparkplug leads? They're one of the more prominent missing parts in the kit, and I have a plan involving fuse wire.

For the plug leads and the throttle cable, I used thin flexible wire that I 'found somewhere' years ago when clearing a garage or shed, I don't recall, but it's stiff but bends easily and maintains shape, It's not lead solder soft but not wire strong, sorry I can't offer more help there, It's hard finding scale accurate thickness for 24th scale I find, I use wires from an old IDE printer cable for HT leads on 12th scale bike kits like the Revell Chopper on my channel, (also on here).

Thanks everyone else for your kind comments.