This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

M1ks

Airfix Little Nellie, James Bond You only live twice

M1ks    135
Completed the old 1/24 Airfix Little Nellie Wallis Autogyro.

Blog review here:

Youtube review and build here with more detail pics:

Edited by M1ks

djos    573

Something unusual.

Very, very nice model

Regards Djordje

Darby    5,117

What a cracking diversion!

phildagreek    2,225

Wow! A blast from the past, looks very good, well done.

georgeusa    3,775

What a wonderful model you have made.  I just picked up this kit off of an eBay auction.  I only hope mine turns out half as well as yours.  It really looks the part.  I am very impressed with how well your James Bond figure turned out and how much you made him look like the man Sean Connery!  Great build.  Did you do a WIP?

rio    264
4 hours ago, georgeusa said:

What a wonderful model you have made.  I just picked up this kit off of an eBay auction.  I only hope mine turns out half as well as yours.  It really looks the part.  I am very impressed with how well your James Bond figure turned out and how much you made him look like the man Sean Connery!  Great build.  Did you do a WIP?

Hope you were not the one who paid £350 for it.

Rio

Hamiltonian    88

Nice job.

And synchronicity! Must be something in the water. I'm 3/4 through building this one myself at present.

While I often have a little pot containing detail-painted subassemblies set aside on the window-ledge when I'm kit building, this is the first time I've built a kit that seems to consist of nothing but detail-painted subassemblies!

What did you use to add the sparkplug leads? They're one of the more prominent missing parts in the kit, and I have a plan involving fuse wire.

Edited by Hamiltonian
Last para

Tarkas    14

Great work. I could hear the JB theme background music (complete with gunfire and explosions) in my mind as I read the posts. One of my favourite Bond films and sequences, and you do Little Nellie and her pilot (real or fictional) justice with your work. I'm also extremely pleased that Airfix included a pilot figure: nothing looks worse (IMO) than an open vehicle like a Wallis autogyro or motorcycle with no pilot or rider.

goggsy    990

"What is this Bond-San? A toy helicopter?"

Great work