Hasegawa 1/48 Bf-109 G6 R6/R2/R7 JG27

Plasto

Hi,

Here is my completed Hasegawa Bf109 G6. 

Its built from the excellent 1/48 kit. I started this for the 109 GB but finished it last week. The model depicts an Aircraft of I./JG 27. 

In the Squadron Signal In action BF109 part 2 there is a nice Don Greer illustration of this Aircraft which I based my build on. illustration is based on an Image of Hauptmann Diethelm V Eichel- Streiber's  Aircraft who was Commander of I./JG 27 in September 1944. This image appears in Monograms painting guide to german aircraft (pg 27). 

Anyhow... The build was very nice and I used a set of eduard steel seatbelts in the cockpit and replaced the kit MG151 barrels with brass tube with some heat shrink for the barrel dust covers. 

I adeed a bit of wire in the cockpit for the fuel line.. The rest is OOB.  The Hasegawa G6 is a nice kit with a good few options in the box but you have to sort the seam out on the cowling side. Often you see that left in on builds... I painted the model in Mr Colour lacquers free handing the mottle and I used some card masks to help with the main camo. Decals are a mixture of Hasegawa and Tamiya I used Mr Softer / Setter on them and they were fine..

I think the Hasegawa kit can still give the new Eduard offering a run for its money.

Anyhow here are a few photos...

untitled-4324

untitled-4323

untitled-4322

untitled-4320

Photos were taken with an old Canon 5D with a 25-105L series lens I use a shoot through umbrella with speed light and a fixed output Softbox with daylight corrected bulbs background is a piece of semi reflective white card.

Hope you like em..

Cheers

Plasto

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 25