Modern VFA-103 loadouts?

Okay, so it's time to add another Super Hornet to my complete Jolly Rogers history (30-strong collection). The way I did the Tomcats is how I'm doing the Super Hornets; with the F-14A's I did one representative scheme each from the 70's, 80's and 90's, then with the B's one each of the 90's and 2000's. Did one Super Hornet for its combat tour in '07. Now it's time for one of the 2010's. So I chose the beautiful gloss black and white-trimmed 201 modex from 2014, decals by Wolfpak (sheet #72-083, seen here) http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-16.html

I'd like some more options on loadouts typical of the recent couple of years. I don't want to load it heavily for bear, and probably not pure A-A, but would like something. Google images don't show much other than empty MER's, a training Mk-82, and one each GBU-38 and -12. I'm leaning toward something like that, wondering if I'd want to restrict it to a centerline tank only (since the '07 bird has the Goofy Gas load). 

I defer now to your combined wisdom and suggestions! 

On 13-9-2017 at 3:13 AM, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

Okay, so it's time to add another Super Hornet to my complete Jolly Rogers history (30-strong collection).

I have a couple of RoG's F/A-18F in the stash, some of which will end up in aftermarket decals - would the VFA-103 portion of the kit decals be helpful for your collection? 

Cheers,

Andre

5 hours ago, Hook said:

I have a couple of RoG's F/A-18F in the stash, some of which will end up in aftermarket decals - would the VFA-103 portion of the kit decals be helpful for your collection? 

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre, very kind offer, thanks! Actually I'm doing okay for the moment; haven't had to build a JR in 10 years since finishing the lineup.

Can't find the photos from when the collection (30-strong) placed 3rd at IPMS USA Nationals, but here are a few of the lineup in progress in about 2005, before the Super Hornet, and before I did VF-17's F6F-5P and their postwar F8F-1.

jgBXsBm.jpg

PDrOonS.jpg

5J94YSB.jpg

cTWqJ26.jpg

• Like 2

most pictures I've seen show an asymmetrical load, like tanks on right wing/fuselage, and some mixed loads of relatively small PGM (JDAM, AGM-65, GBU-12). I think they don't like tanks on the port inner pylon, as it narrows the field of view of the FLIR. Or, to show something not very known but not unusual, try a "five wet" configuration. Four wing tanks, and a refuelling pod. https://hiveminer.com/Tags/boeing%2Cvfa103

Alex