Broplan vacu duo: Ripon and MF 11 plus Douglas DT 2 sctrach conversion

JWM

Hi Jerzy,

Nice work on the rigging. A very useful tip with the sprue glued on the end – I may need that kind of help later!

Regards,

David

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Nice work on the rigging. A very useful tip with the sprue glued on the end – I may need that kind of help later!

Thank you David. I invented this trick lat winter, when I met static electricity problem doing Ardpol Douglases (O-39E or O2MC) - the resin kits which were charging more strongly than styrene ones would. However I found another advatage of this method very soon, while building (and re-shaping) in this spring Polikarpov R-Z  by SH (thread was on Work in Progress). I made a mistake and I  have to cut two cables and move them about 1 cm on side. Due to elastic nature of E-Z I have found that I can cut it, drill a new hole and use such "needle" to extend the lenght just for a while before final glueing. The E-Z was at end more streched but I did not need to re-work riging: in case of R-Z from single a hole three cables were going (also this my wrongly positioned) so if I would have to cut on second end it will end in very massive re-riging...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

Hi,

Report from what happend during week-end. 

MF 11 Hoever:

I glued floats . I gave some puty on junction to make it later sharpen from bottom and smoother on top:

hov DSC07043

I started work on exhaust pipes. Two parts of collector are visible behind engine

hov DSC07046

I've used Revell Lancaster decal for set belts

hov DSC07059

Douglas DT 2

I made resin copy of Fokker CVD propeller and doubled it for 4-blades prop (the diameter is Ok within uncertainty of calculation from photo)

dt2 DSC07050

Engine has 28 camshaft rods added (as in case of Hoever was). As you see engine is drilled out to make prop rotable.

It was then painted and mounted

dt2 DSC07070

The floats were glued in positions:

dt2 DSC07051dt2 DSC07052dt2 DSC07053

The oil coller for both AS Panther engines (DT2 and MF11) I will copy from cooler of LF Fokker CVD (Norwegian, AS PAnther)

Here it is immersed in silica

hov DSC07054

Blackburn Ripon

Detailing includes ledder, paddles, anchor, bomb racks and pehaps also bombs themselves (German deep charges I think)

I started from ledder and paddles

rip DSC07055rip DSC07057

Here ledder after some cleaning on position

rip DSC07064

As you see decals were appaied 

Some more viewes:

rip DSC07063rip DSC07062

A close up into cockpit

rip DSC07058

Cheers

J-W

• Like 8

Many thanks, Jaime.

I am just back home from work - the eveving can bring some progress on deteiling: gunner infrastructure, bomb racks, windshield, anchor...

cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Some results of Ripon detiling

Bomb racks

rip DSC07074rip DSC07073

(meanwhile I tried to soft decals, therefore some looks not OK)

Navi lamp (drop of resin glue, to be painted ) and pitot on strut

rip DSC07075

Anchor with rope and paddle

rip DSC07076

Ledder

rip DSC07077

Windscreen, gunsight and petrol pipe (left from windscreen, from bottom of tank and along the strut)

rip DSC07078

MG (under construction)

rip DSC07080

To be cont

J-W

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jrlx said:

Great detailing! How did you do the bomb racks?

Thanks! I glued each one from  6 pieces of stretched sprue: two long, two short and two bound. On a flat piece of silicon I glued with Tamiya low viscosity glue vertical short pieces between two long stretched sprues. After cementing I was adding two bounded on top. 

I hope it recalls what should be 

Blackburn_Ripon_IIF.jpg

Cheers

J-W

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Many thanks, Gents for comments.

Next detail - MG.

I took MG from old KP Letov 328 (a bit modified). Rest is scratch (from streched sprue and plastic tool for tea mixing :) )

rip DSC07088

rip DSC07089

to be cont.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

I always enjoy your WiPs J-W and this one is no exception, I missed the beginning but am thoroughly up to speed now. Nice use of plastic coffee stirrers; everywhere I go now has wooden stirrers, I must find a café that uses plastic ones.

• Like 2

Many thanks Jaime, Beard and Phoenix! I appreciete. 

This is I think 13th (or 12th?) vacu form I did in my live. The Broplan set is nicely done, in hard plastic, surface details almost does not need to be corrected. In my sheets I have only to sharp edges of tank on upper wing. I have some ten Broplan kits in stash - I have to made them soon, since all are of very unique and tasty beasts. 

RFI with more photos is here

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

Gents, many thanks for comment on Ripon. Appreciated :)

I continued work on Hoever MF 11 (small progress on floats and DT 2. 

The upper wing of Douglas on position:

dt2 DSC07105

Riging on half-way

dt2 DSC07106

dt2 DSC07107

To be continued

Cheers

J-W

• Like 4