Morning*. (*Other times of day are available)

cloggydog

I've lurked here a wee while now, admiring everyone's models.

In my childhood days (1970s and 80s) I built umpteen 1/72 Airfix, Matchbox and Frog aircraft kits, pretty much all OOTB and mostly WW2 subjects, along with some AFVs, ships and even the odd blue tit.

By my mid-late teens I grew a little more discerning and focussed mainly on RAF/FAA Cold War, amassing a sizeable fleet of EE Lightnings amongst everything else (including a few wifs) before my long-standing other interest in model railways took precedence for the next few decades. However, in recent years, lured by the exquisite new releases and after-market additions for many of my childhood faves, I've re-entered the world of aircraft modelling. A small (but growing) kit stash has been established, various resin bits, decals and paint acquired and I'm looking forward to spending the darker evenings of the autumn and winter at my workbench building a Lighting or three, maybe even a Shack.

• Like 1

Welcome Cloggy ... interesting name choice👍 Welcome to Britmodeller from an american. WW2 and Coldwar aircraft tend to be my majority of choices. The odd piece of armor fights its way in occasionaly though. If theres anything i can help with just ask.