1/32 Airshow Models S2B Pitts Special

wisco7

8 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Excellent build,first class finish and a rare subject too,ticks all the boxes!

Thank you Steve. I really enjoyed building this kit which comes with photo-etched parts and metal parts. What really makes this kit nice to build is that it was designed with easy to install parts that are very strong and will hold up.

Best regards, Steve :D

• Like 1

Great build of an iconic airplane!

How I wish that AZ Models' horrible 1:48th caricature had at least been a little bit accurate, in some parts…

I guess I have to try to hunt down an Airshow Models kit.

Beautiful modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Almost a perfect rendition. Brings back memories for me. Once I was on an Instructors course with the owner of a Pitts S2B. At lunchtime I helped him pull it out of the hangar and foolishly suggested I go along. After that it was hectic but from the vertical pull up right to the stall after take off, through the loops, rolls and the low level aerobatics over the airfield. (He's an airshow pilot) I was put through a full airshow routine. But it was amazing. I smashed my head off the canopy during one rolls, luckily I was wearing his helmet. After landing I could barely eat my lunch from shaking so much. I had a sore shoulder for the next week. The Pitts is a pocket rocket.

Your model captures the S2B perfectly. Very nice job.

• Like 1