This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

DMC

Telford Shopping List

Well, it's coming 'round again.  Where has the year gone?  Quite enjoyed going last year although the day was cut a little short because of rail problems from Birmingham.  

After a few false starts since I started modelling again, I seem to have found my muse in the form of (often) peculiar looking machines with stonking great fans on top.  So, after reading Chickenhawk and Low Level Hell, I'll be looking for a Huey, a Cobra and a Loach.  All, probably, in 1/48.  Not sure about the Loach but the Huey and Cobra will be Revell/Monogram kits.  I realise there are better kits available but I've read a few reviews and think I can deal with the kit's shortcomings okay.  Whether I ever get to address them is another matter, however. 

What about you, anything special on you list?

Dennis

Well fingers crossed, anything submarine (full hull) i havent got, at a reasonable price and a CMK type IXC rear torpedo room( if i havent got one by then.

Last years Telford shop ended with just some brushes and paint.

All the best Chris

I bet you both buy a cup of tea though at some point. And possibly cheese. For some reason I associate Telford with cheese.

Full English to start the day up in town then a good look around, hoping not to buy any kits, I want to thin mine out, far to many in the stash and not enough time to build them.

Mars Model Yak-40

Anything from Modelsvit that I don't currently have that's not Russian...

& possibly, a Amodel IL-78 and Beriev A-50.. see how money is.

Other than a top up of some paints, glue, bit of plasticard etc, no other models..

Last year was impulse buys. I have no 'wants' list. I have an extensive stash. I may come away with nothing, but who knows?

My weak point will be vintage kits on the second hand traders stalls. I can't resist vintage model kits. I've been re-watching the old TV series "Movin' On" on Youtube. I now want the AMT?Matchbox Movin' On Peterbilt again!

...That is unless I end up spending all day drooling over Peter's 1/18th Spitfire XIV.

Every year is the same. I go to Telford with a long shopping list, fully knowing that I am not going to get half of what's on it. The reasons for this are varied. One is that I go into the kit swap and see something going really cheap that I hadn't even thought about, like a Tamiya Cromwell for £15, or better still, Tamiya Centurion for (I kid you not), £2!! Another reason is that the traders quite often come to the show carrying all the newest or most popular items, but not that set of etched brass that you need. I wish that I had a pound for every time that I've been told "we've got it back at the shop".  I also end up buying several books which weren't on my list and this eats into my money.

So if I do go to Telford in November, I'll be looking for Bronco's A9/10 kits, and a couple of M4A1 76mm for two very different projects. Whether I get them or not remains to be seen. Oh yes, and some etched brass for said Shermans.

John.

5 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Every year is the same. I go to Telford with a long shopping list, fully knowing that I am not going to get half of what's on it. The reasons for this are varied. One is that I go into the kit swap and see something going really cheap that I hadn't even thought about, like a Tamiya Cromwell for £15, or better still, Tamiya Centurion for (I kid you not), £2!! Another reason is that the traders quite often come to the show carrying all the newest or most popular items, but not that set of etched brass that you need. I wish that I had a pound for every time that I've been told "we've got it back at the shop".  I also end up buying several books which weren't on my list and this eats into my money.

So if I do go to Telford in November, I'll be looking for Bronco's A9/10 kits, and a couple of M4A1 76mm for two very different projects. Whether I get them or not remains to be seen. Oh yes, and some etched brass for said Shermans.

John.

Why not contact the relevant trader a couple of weeks prior to the show and pre-order the required item, most traders are happy to do this. That way no disappointment. Chris 

Well, the A9/A10 kits will probably be there as they are this years releases, but with regards to the Shermans, I like to compare the various manufacturers, see what's in the box. I'd hate to pre-order a Tamiya M4A1 76mm, only o find that I could have picked up one from Asuka. This is the one chance in the year when I get a chance to see what's in the box. Having said that though, I might just contact one of the traders to see if they can bring along the appropriate etched brass. But again, it's all dependant on whether I attend or not.

John.

If I go, which I've not made it since I got back into the hobby, I would like to be able to purchase the amk f-14 tomcat. 

Mind you it's highly unlikely it's going to be available. 

Matt. 

I'm looking for new filters for my spraybooth - how sad am I...

...I just want a bargain and they cost the earth on amazon.

On 14/09/2017 at 4:26 PM, BIG X said:

I'm looking for new filters for my spraybooth - how sad am I...

...I just want a bargain and they cost the earth on amazon.

What  filters are you looking for

Didn't have anything in mind for Telford , until I saw that the Thunder models Scammell tank transporter is imminent, so will probably now be on the list. 

Andrew

21 minutes ago, colin said:

What  filters are you looking for

For this one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Excelvan-professional-Extension-Airbrushing-extractor/dp/B00KXQR8YC

Floureon Spraybooth 

Fiberglass Filter Size:16" Wide x 7-1/4" High x 7/8" Thick