Generic Dot / Solid circle decals - does anybody make any?

Rabbit Leader

All, 

Does anyone know where I can get a sheet of generic black dot or solid circle decals in different sizes, similar to Xtradecals' stripe sheets? 

As I manly model in 1/72, there are times when a simple circle decal is good enough to represent a hole or vent, rather than having to drill, punch or score and risk these being uneven. 

Any thoughts and possible links would be most welcome. 

Cheers.. Dave

It may be cheaper (in the long term) and easier to just spray through a small template. To do what you're after, I have used one of a set of Lionroar templates. I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, Dave, but I haven't seen such decals and at least this method works.

• Thanks 1

Thank for the reply Ade. That may be another way around it, however I don't really fancy my chances in trying to make these nice and sharp. It does open up other possibilities though so is a good work around all the same. 

Cheers., Dave. 

• Like 1

You could invest in a set(s) of punches - not a cheap option but they come in handy for lots of other modelling jobs. Circular discs could then be punched out of black decal film or decals from the spares box.

• Like 1

Thanks Lotus and Nigel, I quite like the idea of the print your own option. I'm surprised I'd not thought about it myself (that's why we ask on here I suppose?). The punch set also has many more applications, so perhaps I should also invest my hard earned sheckles in one of these as well. 

Once again - thanks for your assistance chaps. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, azureglo said:

Azureglo,

Many thanks for sending through this link.

I have just ordered a set of small circle masks and by applying the discount code 'MAKETAR' there's a 35% discount as well!

Once again - thanks and regards.... Dave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the risk of turning this into a saga, I was recommended these by a local AFV modeller (and these guys paint a gazillion wheels a year), apparently being vinyl, they are re-usable and they come from of the best companies in modelling, might be worth a punt?

https://www.uschivdr.com/products-in-detail/masks-wheels-and-hatches/

http://www.hmhobbies.co.uk/wheels-and-hatches-small-painting-masks-uschi-van-der-rosten.html

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1315

NB you can order the Maketar as vinyl as well as I seem to recall , not just kabuki. Only problem I sometimes have is that the vinyl can be a bit stiff and not conform, e.g Montex masks. This is  cured by putting them in a zip lock bag and dipping in hot water apparently. Unfortunately this concept causes me to have flashbacks to the dark days of the 80's when "Boil in the bag" meals were introduced, setting gastronomy bask several millennia...

A

• Like 1