This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit Leader

Generic Dot / Solid circle decals - does anybody make any?

Rabbit Leader    1,272

All, 

Does anyone know where I can get a sheet of generic black dot or solid circle decals in different sizes, similar to Xtradecals' stripe sheets? 

As I manly model in 1/72, there are times when a simple circle decal is good enough to represent a hole or vent, rather than having to drill, punch or score and risk these being uneven. 

Any thoughts and possible links would be most welcome. 

Cheers.. Dave

Ade H    88

It may be cheaper (in the long term) and easier to just spray through a small template. To do what you're after, I have used one of a set of Lionroar templates. I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, Dave, but I haven't seen such decals and at least this method works.

Rabbit Leader    1,272

Thank for the reply Ade. That may be another way around it, however I don't really fancy my chances in trying to make these nice and sharp. It does open up other possibilities though so is a good work around all the same. 

Cheers., Dave. 

Ade H    88

You just need to tape the template in place to get a sharp edge, because they're very flexible. They're the types designed for re-riveting and scribing.

LotusArenco    483

You used to be able to buy sheets of Letraset type rub-down circles and dots, but I’ve not seen or used them for years, sorry.

Alternatively, how about one of those blank DIY decal sheets for use in your printer?

Mart

Nigel Heath    13,739

You could invest in a set(s) of punches - not a cheap option but they come in handy for lots of other modelling jobs. Circular discs could then be punched out of black decal film or decals from the spares box.

Rabbit Leader    1,272

Thanks Lotus and Nigel, I quite like the idea of the print your own option. I'm surprised I'd not thought about it myself (that's why we ask on here I suppose?). The punch set also has many more applications, so perhaps I should also invest my hard earned sheckles in one of these as well. 

Once again - thanks for your assistance chaps. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

pigsty    1,301
On 11/09/2017 at 11:05 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

As I manly model in 1/72

Isn't that what 1/32 is for?