Roman General, MMM bust 1/9

giemme

Hi everybody;

here's the lovely Mitchell Military Models Roman General Bust in 1/9. Outstading resin model, only two parts (head an torso), making for a boatload of painting fun :wink:  Huge value for the money, if you ask me, and my thanks to Ross Mitchel for the really kind service.

Thanks also to everybody followed and contributed to the WIP thread, which can be found here:

On with the pics:

finito1

finito2

finito3

finito4

This bust has been painted mainly with Lifecolor and Italeri acrylics, plus a few other paints for metallic parts; the black base coat was airbrushed, and so was the steel shoulder armor and the face base coat. All the rest is brush painted.

Any comments welcome, hope you enjoy it.

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 23

4 hours ago, Gene K said:

Absolutely stunning!

Where do you find the time to create such beautiful busts while at the same time completing your aircraft masterpieces???

Gene K

Thanks Gene :thumbsup: Actually, this is why it takes so long to complete a kit ... :D:D

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Brilliant job giemme,the shoulder armour's fantastic...

Thanks Vince! :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 12:08, keefr22 said:

Cracking work Giorgio, & the new photo's against that background really show him off to his best advantage!

Great painting skills on display!

Keith

Thanks Keith! :thumbsup:

I very much prefer the pics with this background too, and it was all a matter of luck being able to attain that effect. Those photos haven't been edited at all, except for clipping them to size, and the lights I used are the roof ones in my garage, with the addition of a table lamp to illuminate the bottom part of the backdrop. I think I'll be using that photo set more and more :wink:

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As ever, Giorgio, you have demonstrated that you have an amazing talent for figure modelling/painting. Stunningly realistic finish. Very well done. :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

As ever, Giorgio, you have demonstrated that you have an amazing talent for figure modelling/painting. Stunningly realistic finish. Very well done. :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, way too kind :blush: I must admit that I'm pretty pleased about the way this came ouy

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

crikes - that really does look like the man himself - great paint work there - I have to constantly take my hat off to you figure / bust modellers - it is a true art in itself and something I wish I had confidence in

Cheers GS :thumbsup: Most of it is just a matter of studying techniques, watching tutorials and ... trying :wink: For me, at least.

Ciao

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...