P-51D Warhorse

Hello all i built this as an attempt to get used to 1/72nd scale i am placing it here as it is about 90% complete. I replaced the barrels with hollow micro brass tubing. Which is itself a test of patience. The Star & Bars are kit decals the serial is kit decal. But the codes are from Woodland Scenics Railroad lettering. I think they work very well. However i've been laughed at by some here at Britmodeller for suggesting these. I'll let you decide whether they look good ? Correct ? Or Bad ? It still needs resin exhausts and some weathering. It is also the first model in a pet project that will eventually incorporate 10 more P-51's, 4 P-47's, and 1 P-38 an airfield diorama with a tower and the associated ground equipment. The full size diorama will be built last.

Any how heres the Mustang as it sits today. It represents a D model of the 4th Fighter Group. And i hope you like it. Oh and for those of you curious the invasion stripes were handpainted the Aluminum was Tamiya Rattlecan and the Red & Blue are Vallejo. The Red is standard Vallejo & the Blue MA Mediterranean blue and is Airbrushed. The color was pretty close to the colors i could find online.

KGYuRcb.jpg

kMwwJoV.jpg

s7RHcZJ.jpg

6swYBDp.jpg

UwUVOJ6.jpg

pdGzoHt.jpg

JwMO1Pt.jpg

CYY94Q5.jpg

0ACwMgt.jpg

PgEWhRA.jpg

I hope every one likes this. 

The eagle eyed among you may spot my glaring goof up on this plane.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Added
  • Like 1