If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

I will be watching your topic closely, I thought about building this tank the second I saw the film...

Edited by bad edd

Things aren't going brilliantly right now.....Found the camera battery, but the charger eludes me.  Similarly I've found most of the bits that I need but I can't actually buy them.  Meh!  :wall:

Hope you manage to get sorted, somehow, soon! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

I've looked high & low for the bloody thing.  :unsure:

I don't understand why companies don't just take PayPal.....There's no way I'm trusting my credit card details to some random server in the Ukraine or Russia, I don't give a monkey's what little logos you use, if it's not PayPal, I'm not interested!  :angrysoapbox.sml:

Hi Sarge

That's bad news! Daft thought but could you get one of those prepaid cards meant for holidays and order it on that?

I had one a couple of years ago for a holiday and loaded money onto it. You can only spend what's on it but it was a Visa card so widely accepted.

Bit of a faf but might solve your problem?

All the best

Ben

Ha.....Betcha thought I'd given up on this one dincha?  :hmmm:

Me too!  :mellow:

But no.....Revell have recently released a 1/72 T-55AM and I have just ordered one, which I believe (confirmation from T-55 experten very welcome) finally gives me most (if not all) of the parts that I will need to build this tank (and an awful lot of spares left over, not less than three complete T-55s worth by my current reckoning).  :mental:

Hoping the kit will come with the right tracks (T-72 type), but doubting it frankly, so I'll probably be ordering a Revell T-72 before too long!  :rolleyes:

Good news that this isn't abandoned as I was looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

All the best

Ben

T-55AM turned up, I now definitely have a couple of parts from my list  (the gun tube & skirts) but they're both far too pristine for my subject, so guess what.....  :mental:

As for the rest of the bits, well I'm just not familiar enough with T-55s to be confident, I'm checking my references by eyeballing, but TBH, I'm not altogether sure what I'm looking at.  I now have a huge pile of parts (three assorted T-55s & a Type 59, plus numerous aftermarket bits) and I would sure welcome some guidance as to which one's I'd be best to use!  :rolleyes:

In the meantime I'll have a crack at the mine-roller.  ;)

Sorry Sarge - way outside my knowledge base.

Still find it hard to believe the lack of books on T55s given the production numbers!!

Well I figure if I start with the mine-roller & the wheels I can't go too far wrong.....Proceeding as far as the tracks might be ill advised though!   :unsure: