1/72 Hurricane Mk.1 - First Ever Build by Leo, aged 5

Hello All,

This is the finished article that my son has been working on for the past week or so. It's his first ever model aircraft, having only painted a couple of wargaming archers before in 1/56. I tried to help him with bits he was too nervous to attempt, such as the canopy and the lines in between colours, but most of it is his own handiwork, following instructions and guidance from me on the sidelines. Thanks to everybody who has followed the progress and given him such a massive amount of support during the build!

PVvHXwx.jpg

WPTnZNL.jpg

F2PIVpH.jpg

l1teKbf.jpg

aZrgO8c.jpg

OSz9emy.jpg

Here's the build thread:

Edited by wafu_vasco
  • Like 45
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Absolutely brilliant.   Leo is clearly a natural.  When I was five my models were unpainted and covered in gluey fingerprints.  I hope he is hooked.  We need young talent in the hobby.  I look forward to seeing his next project. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would say it's great for his first model, but I think it's just a great model, most seasoned modellers would be pretty content with this. It's very well done and look forward to the next build. 👍

Wonder how many people started with either a spitfire or hurricane, it seems almost synonymous with starting to build models. 

• Like 1

Please tell me you helped him a LOT! :D

I built my first model around the age of 6 and I was happy that I managed to glue it together and not the complete canopy is white because of the glue.

Great work!

Edited by PIPboy
  • Like 1