small - BUT FAST - to build

BIG X

Now here is something small but fast to build…

It’s the tiny Tamiya German Motorcycle and Sidecar.  I have seen some fantastic examples in 1/35 – but this is 1/48.  Like everything I have had from Tamiya it simply ‘fell together’ in minutes.  Fast drying primer by Halfords spray can / a quick blast of Vallejo gun metal and the only fiddly bit was hand painting the tyres / handlebars / seats.  The ‘go faster stripes’ are black self adhesive vinyl.  JOB DONE…

tam32578.jpg

I opted for this fictitious civil scheme to maybe use in my ‘South Downs Flying Club’ Diorama.  But for now a quick background of the control tower at Elvington and some printed runway, which I think I found on here…

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Considering the size of the box – I expected it to be bigger – but it is 1/48 after all and absolutely tiny.  I couldn’t resist the ‘penny shot’…

IMG_1519a.jpg

...and here it is with a Hurricane at sunset…

IMG_1432.jpg

A bit different – but for £8 a lot of fun – what do you think???

Steve

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Murdo said:

Umm... Really curious... How big was the box compared to the kit inside?

It doesn't look like it would take up much cardboard.

Unfortunately I have binned the box now - but it was a normal Tamiya 1/48 size - so around 6 inches by 8 inches and a couple of inches deep...

I guess they standardize on box sizes within scales to make them easier to display.

Must have needed a helluva lot of spare sprue to stop it rattling around inside the box.

If I opened a normal Tamiya 1/48 box and found something that small inside then I might feel just slightly miffed.            :o

Even so mate, it's a cracking job!  

:wub:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...