Avro Vulcan XH562

Mach82

I have just completed this Airfix, scale, 1/72 Avro Vulcan Mk.B.2 for the "Made in Britain II" Group Build and decided to post the surplus completed photos in this RFI section. The build was mainly out of the box with the exception of a few extra after market goodies (A new set of jet pipes and air to air refuelling probe) and some decals provided by airdecal. I also did a little scratch building around the crew access hatch to enhance the looks of the rather clunky ladder area. It goes without saying there was the usual, filling, sanding and polishing expected with a kit of this era, but with a fine glass of wine, a good TV program in the back ground, it went by painlessly.... ;)

This particular kit is of Vulcan XH562, of 9 Sqn, RAF Waddington, 1978. Coming from Lincoln and having lived in a small village just outside Waddington I became fond of the Vulcan and loved every minute of this build. In fact a second one will be shortly underway.... XM575 of 44 Sqn (Wrap around camo scheme).

I hope you enjoy the photos.

WIP thread can be found here:

pmx90FG9j

pmC1d3mtj

pogKweTEj

po58m4EJj

pnvrToZTj

po5RV3evj

po8AF91qj

pmf8adEaj

pnBfN8iBj

po52TiFaj

pnI6OOiUj

pmsUscmbj

pnWAkBaOj

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look.

:thumbsup:

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mach82 said:

........but with a fine glass of wine, a good TV program in the back ground, it went by painlessly.... ;)

Surely you mean "a case of fine wine and multiple box sets in the background..." ? :D

Cracking build and finish there Mark. Thanks for posting.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

mike

• Like 1

Always good to see a Vulcan. You've done an excellent job on her, a lovely paint job... very neat work.

I've built two of these kits and nearly finished another, (XM575 coincidently), so I can appreciate the hard work that you've put into her.

gazza l

• 2 years later...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Adam 👍. I am sure this has something to do with the Photobucket nause. I will try to put a few photos of XH562 model on this post.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3