Airbus A400M, Revell 1:72

neilg

Here are the finished pictures of this build.  I'm not the greatest photographer, sorry.  The build photos are in the Work in Progress section.

It's an impressive size, and I'm pleased with the final colour.  Instead of using the suggested Revell 374, I used Halford's grey primer, with Humbrol satin varnish over the top.

It's not a cheap kit, and this was a present from a friend, so I hope he's happy with the outcome!

IMG_9641

IMG_9642

IMG_9643

IMG_9646

IMG_9644

IMG_9651 2

IMG_9652 2

IMG_9653 2

IMG_9655 2

IMG_9656 2

• Like 37

That is indeed a beast; excellent job on her! To me, she looks like a cross between a Hercules and a C-17, and I suppose mission-wise and size-wise, that's not far off the mark.

Regards,

Jason

Nicely done and it is a monster of kit in a good way , compared the parts with those of an unbuilt Italeri Hercules when it first came out and the size difference was more surprising than I had expected , might even get it to the top of the build queue one of these days.

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

That is indeed a beast; excellent job on her! To me, she looks like a cross between a Hercules and a C-17, and I suppose mission-wise and size-wise, that's not far off the mark.

From the front I always think it looks like a refugee from the Antonov Design Bureau.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

From the front I always think it looks like a refugee from the Antonov Design Bureau.

Yes indeed; there is something a bit 'Antonovish' about it. Like an An-12 on steroids. The Antonov OKB actually designed and built a prop-fan aircraft, but it was not a success.

Regards,

Jason

7 hours ago, Learstang said:

Regards,

Jason

Thank you!  I like this picture of all three of them together, gives a good comparison:

7149433555_97e0699339_o.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Viking said:

That's lovely! I like the 'in-flight' stand you have for it.

Cheers

John

I use those stands for my models that aren't hanging from the ceiling - I was lucky with the A400 that the clear plates slot perfectly into the main landing gear bay!

Fantastic build!

Must admit, when I saw "Airbus" and "1/72" together in the title I thought it must be a misprint.

Nonetheless, it's a pretty big bird - don't think my wife would welcome me building one!

:goodjob:

1 hour ago, kapam said:

Fantastic build!

Must admit, when I saw "Airbus" and "1/72" together in the title I thought it must be a misprint.

Nonetheless, it's a pretty big bird - don't think my wife would welcome me building one!

:goodjob:

The size of the box was a surprise when facilities left it on my desk at work.  You should order it and fake surprise in front of your wife when you discover it's bigger than you thought in 1:72!

• Like 1

Great looking A400 ! Would not mind one of these myself ( RAF markings ) :D

Now for a 1/72 AN-225 !!!

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...