Revell P51D

Lawzer

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Id use high speed silver to color the flaps. The real planes had aluminum or silver paint. As long as it looks slightly off the foil to show the difference.

Cheers!

i'll need to see what i have.......

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Lawzer a question if i may ? With your decal sheet the nose band with the stars is it the whole band or do you have to paint the background and just have the stars?

Paint the background - stars decal is just the white stars.....

the part that needs to be painted is seperate so it's not fitted yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I was curious ive seen similar decals of both types and the way yours are always seem to work better.

Hopefully ;)

having said that the part is too slim for the stars so even more masking to be done.

• Like 1

Lawzer, you're a natural at this - she's looking great!

I'm trying to see potential tricky bits ahead that I could flag up or offer a tip, but looks like you're doing fine.

You got drop-tanks?

They can be a bit of a pain, with compound curves, but I think you got the measure of it.🌟🌟🌟

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Lawzer, you're a natural at this - she's looking great!

I'm trying to see potential tricky bits ahead that I could flag up or offer a tip, but looks like you're doing fine.

You got drop-tanks?

They can be a bit of a pain, with compound curves, but I think you got the measure of it.🌟🌟🌟

Sadly after the white primer for the stripes you can see my cackhandedness.....there are some parts which have 2 (and in 1 case 3) layers of foil :( 

still.....there's a p47 on the shelf screaming for foil ;)

ach - it might not turn out TOO bad.....

yeah there's tanks but as yet undecided if i'm going to fit them......

Edited by Lawzer
  • Like 2

Looking great, Lawzer!

I always reckon there isn't a pot of paint in the world that can do this. And look, no fumes, no dust sticking, no airbrush nightmares, no breathing apparatus....!

Walk in the park, isn't it?

🌟🌟🌟

IMG_20170430_184239

That's my little P51- the airfix kit in 1/72

Edited by rob Lyttle
photo
  • Like 3

Your model is lovely. I do not believe this is the MONOGRAM kit but the older Revell one. I am on my second MONOGRAM and it is a much nicer kit than the Revell which of course makes your model much nicer as you had less to work with.

The monogram has a detailed port wing gun bay, lower forward nose with engine detail and a a superb cockpit that is butter than many of the later kits

Well done!

Sean

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BushBrit66 said:

Your model is lovely. I do not believe this is the MONOGRAM kit but the older Revell one. I am on my second MONOGRAM and it is a much nicer kit than the Revell which of course makes your model much nicer as you had less to work with.

The monogram has a detailed port wing gun bay, lower forward nose with engine detail and a a superb cockpit that is butter than many of the later kits

Well done!

Sean

D'oh!!!!!

Indeed you are correct.......

• Haha 1