Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1 1/48 Airfix

pabbi

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent Defiant :penguin: ! The more i see of these the more i want to build one. 

Go and get one!  I presently have two, one of which is awaiting final paint before the transfers go on.  It's a well-engineered kit with very few vices (both of my sets of fuselage halves were slightly warped, but nothing that slightly-more-careful-than-usual assembly couldn't handle).  You might want to scribe some additional panel lines on the lower rear fuselage too but apart from that it almost falls together and some clever design has minimised the number and length of exposed seams requiring (minimal) filling, filing, sanding and polishing.

• Like 1

That is gorgeous - I haven't built my Defiant yet - but yours is very inspiring.

I have one in the stash but...

A very distant relative of mine lost his life in one and I live in hope of one day finding out the code letters of that aircraft or indeed the one he and his gunner shot down a DO17 in.  They shot it down in the same sortie that the 'Goodwin Sands Dornier' was put to rest in the English Channel.  That one was credited to P/O D Hughes - but it is by no means conclusive.  Finding either code letter would be amazing and make the build VERY SPECIAL.  PS-?  BTW - if anyone has any info - the serials were - N1627 AND L7024

Sorry for the thread 'hi-jack' - lovely work :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
On 2017-09-09 at 3:27 PM, BIG X said:

That is gorgeous - I haven't built my Defiant yet - but yours is very inspiring.

I have one in the stash but...

A very distant relative of mine lost his life in one and I live in hope of one day finding out the code letters of that aircraft or indeed the one he and his gunner shot down a DO17 in.  They shot it down in the same sortie that the 'Goodwin Sands Dornier' was put to rest in the English Channel.  That one was credited to P/O D Hughes - but it is by no means conclusive.  Finding either code letter would be amazing and make the build VERY SPECIAL.  PS-?  BTW - if anyone has any info - the serials were - N1627 AND L7024

Sorry for the thread 'hi-jack' - lovely work :thumbsup:

I did some research, also Airfix produced two kits with the PS- markings, all signs point to your plane being in the No.264 squadron RAF. Hope this helps in some way!! 

• Thanks 1