1:32 scale DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea)

Hi all,
Here's my latest 1:32 scale model, my 11th from my stash.
It's the Planet Model DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea) and is my first resin kit build.
I felt the need to correct or modify quite a lot during the build and it's all covered in the build log, along

with a brief aircraft history.  The build log can be viewed or downloaded from here:

http://igavh2.xara.hosting/index.htm

The basic colour scheme for this aircraft was very light and lacking in character.  Although as a prototype

only it wouldn't have flown much, I decided to 'weather' it up more like an operational aircraft.
I also animated the flying control surfaces, again to 'liven' it up.
There is very little data and only a few photo's of this aircraft, but one shows a civilian figure sat on the

starboard lower wing and who could have been one of the two senior designers, so I adapted a figure from

MiniArt and also added a mechanic from Model Kasten.  The rigging is 0.12 mm mono-filament with GasPatch

turnbuckles.

NOTE: Some of the shots below were taken before I'd completed the display case.

I'm now working on the MicroMir Fokker E.V with Aviattic lozenge decals, Roden engine and Pheon decal markings.

floh1.jpg

floh3.jpg

floh5.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg

289.jpg

2810.jpg

Edited by Sandbagger
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

What an utterly charming little aeroplane.

I've only ever seen one poor quality photograph of this type, so it's really nice to get an all round view.

You've done a wonderful job with this.

I really, really like this a lot.

Thank you for showing it here.

Very nice build! :thumbsup: I have this one in the stash but I am saving it for a later date, along with the Planet models Ponnier and Port Victoria. Going to give your build log a good read over to learn of the pitfalls and tricks for building it.

17 hours ago, Beardie said:

Very nice build! :thumbsup: I have this one in the stash but I am saving it for a later date, along with the Planet models Ponnier and Port Victoria. Going to give your build log a good read over to learn of the pitfalls and tricks for building it.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments.

My intention with the figures was to pose them as if thinking 'REALLY?'

Beanie - I have more resin kits in the stash including both the Planet Models 'Ponnier' and 'Port Victoria'.

I also have Omega's 'Hansa-Brandeburg W20' and 'MB bis', the HPH Models 'Macchi M5' and 'Aviatic Berg D.1'.

Finally Aviattic's 'Ansaldo A1 Balilla' and Kiwi Resin's conversion set for the 'Sopwith Swallow'.

Not to mention the other 40 styrene kits from Wingnut Wings, Special Hobby, Roden, Hobby Craft and Acadamy - so plenty to get on with :smile: 

What an absolutely cracking little diorama! The figures really bring it to life, I like the idea of adding the Civvie designer to the scene.

I really get visions of Dick Dastardly and 'Stop that pigeon' when I look at this!

Cheers

John

Thanks gents - My main source of information was the Windsock Mini Data file No.18 by Peter M Grosz.

It's only a few pages of content, but does have several good photos of the aircraft, in both prototype versions (mine is the second with updated elevators), plus good scale view drawings.