Replacement Spray Booth Filter?

Lightningboy2000

I've not long had one of these fold up spray booths..

1be35567-4131-f32d-1531-d22146f75f24.jpg

I've been using a rattle can to undercoat as an interim until I get an airbrsuh & compressor. As can be expected, the filter has become a bit clogged so I'm looking for replacement filters.

I know that this filter material can be purchased as a roll, then cut to size. Does anybody else buy it on a roll and where's the best place to get it from?

Other than that, is there anywhere that I can obtain these filters in bulk or multipacks?

Thanks everyone.

Regards

Martin

I have a different spray booth to the one you pictured but I was fed up of paying the extortionate prices for replacement filters. I did some research (took an old filter apart!!) to see what they were made of, and found out that there were two layers of material in their construction. One a glass fibre type material and the other, a denser fabric type. I managed to get a roll of each on eBay for around  £20 per roll and there is enough to make 100's upon 100's of filters, enough to last me for the rest of my modelling days. I had to fabricate a small frame to hold the two layers and fit into the spray booth, but it wasn't too difficult. The price of the filters is now pennies instead of pounds and because I can make them so cheaply I change them more often so it's good for the spray booth.

43 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

I have a different spray booth to the one you pictured but I was fed up of paying the extortionate prices for replacement filters. I did some research (took an old filter apart!!) to see what they were made of, and found out that there were two layers of material in their construction. One a glass fibre type material and the other, a denser fabric type. I managed to get a roll of each on eBay for around  £20 per roll and there is enough to make 100's upon 100's of filters, enough to last me for the rest of my modelling days. I had to fabricate a small frame to hold the two layers and fit into the spray booth, but it wasn't too difficult. The price of the filters is now pennies instead of pounds and because I can make them so cheaply I change them more often so it's good for the spray booth.

Do you have a link to the material on ebay?
My booth is different as I managed to pick up a semi industrial type unit and that had a few spare filters with it, but it uses a dual layer with the primary filter on top and an activated charcoal filter beneath it, so the charcoal one i'd have to get separately but i'd like to look into making replacement top filters in case the proper replacements are very expensive, (haven't yet looked to see what they are)