Merit 1/24 Connaught Type B

Hello everyone,

Apologies for not being around the past few months. I just moved across the country and have only recently had time to model and remembered my Britmodeller login information! This is my latest and first build since moving to New York City. I built an original release of the 1956 Connaught Type B Grand Prix car. It was a fun little kit and provided opportunities to spruce it up a it. I added mesh intake covers, fairings over the carburetors and exhaust manifold, drilled out the exhaust cover, added chassis tubing, a radiator, and weld seams for the exhaust. The tartan seat was painted by brush with the help of Tamiya tape for curves. The metal finish in the interior is cut from a Coke can. Finally my addiction pays off! 

Thanks for looking,
Jake

CgZrysN.jpg

XOGzxOd.jpg

6fvTCq2.jpg

mbnG8qP.jpg

g8VdaMR.jpg

KgfVkWn.jpg

4dRl5CP.jpg

7FwnTC1.jpg

Better shot of the interior panelling. 

• Like 7

You've done a great job with that. I really like all the old Merit car kits and your build shows how some detailing turns a basic kit into something special. 

Are they the original kit wheels? If so they are a step up from the usual Merit transparent disc with spokes moulded on.