Another Antipodean Glue Slinger

HardOverHec

Hi All

Stephen from Perth, Western Australia.  Started building kits back when I was around 9 or 10, the good old Airfix baggies.  Went away from it for a number of years until about 10 years ago when my Doctor suggested taking up a hobby to help with the old black dog, as Churchill called it.

Look forward to joining in on a few group builds and learning a bit more.

Any suggestions on a site for hosting images would be appreciated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome to Britmodeller from a yankee. "Imgur" is what i use but there are others. WW2 and coldwar aircraft here but will build armor once in a while. Anything i can help with just ask. 

Thanks Corsair.  Pretty much a WW2 guy myself but across, aircraft, armor and even into the ship yard.

• Like 1

G'day mate and welcome aboard. Plenty of helpful people on here so ask away. With regards to a hosting site, I use Village Photos. If you look in FAQ's, I've done an "Idiots guide" to using VP.

John.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

G'day mate and welcome aboard. Plenty of helpful people on here so ask away. With regards to a hosting site, I use Village Photos. If you look in FAQ's, I've done an "Idiots guide" to using VP.

John.

Merci beaucoup

I was in France late last year and just loved it. An idiots guide is always good for me.

• Like 1

Welcome To BM Stephen.

Getting involved here will definitely help with the black dog of which you speak. They are a great bunch here (generally) – it cheers me up every day.

Gorby

G'day from Sydney great to see another Ozwegian, been building since I was 5 or so meself (with "life breaks" as my other half puts it), our wonderful hobby is one of the best ways to control Churchill's Mutt.

I use Flickr now for my hosting since the Photobucket incident.

Regards,

FAA

Yet another from Canberra here Stephen :welcome: 

It's still yesterday in your neck of the woods; just :D!

I got back into modelling for the same reason; bereavement and that black dog with its apparently associated cloud :raincloud:.

Your doctor has given great advice; it works. Concentrating on a bit of filing, painting using a traditional brush, doing the research on a model; they're all superb in helping. I find that having some nice music on whilst modelling helps a lot too.

This is a great forum. I've only been on a couple of years, but met some of the kindest most encouraging people ever.

I still haven't completed a model yet, mind :lol:!

Great to hear that you're interested in ships and armour as well as wingy things. I am too, even bought my first submarine model recently :).

All the best

TonyT

• Like 1