Pocher Aventador Build (Blue Roadster)

Dr. Fiat

Working on seatbelts, buckles, and photoetched pieces from the transkit.  These little parts give so much more realism than the injection molded pieces alone!!

Interior frameInterior frameInterior frameInterior frameSeatbelt buckle

• Like 1

Completed seat belts.  One little tip- to keep the seatbelts taut at all times, use a small bolt or lead fishing ball to keep tension on the belt.  There is plenty of room in the cavity between the body and the frame interior.

Seatbelt weightsSeatbelt weights

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rjfk2002 said:

That is nice, clean work with the PE. Are you going to paint the parts or leave the PE in stainless?

I think I'll just leave it stainless.  I have painted some PE parts- like the throttle body plates flat black, and the seat buckles- but I love the look of stainless on black.  The frame and engine bay contains literally hundreds of places to put simulated PE bolt heads, which the transkit has a ton of.  For pumps, pulleys, etc.  I will do some painting for sure.

The one question I have is:  yellow, white, or red calipers???????

Started working on the engine module.  This assembly will likely take me quite some time, as there is an enormous amount of detail left off of the basic injection molds.  With a pin vise and some small bolts, however, the level of detail can be brought up to semi-classic Pocher standards.  Before painting the engine heads and block, it's a good idea to pre-drill holes that will fit these bolts first, and test fit all bolts.  I am choosing to use a mixture of stainless steel and brass bolts, knowing full well that the actual car uses only stainless.  To me, nothing looks as good as brass bolts on a silver tranny housing!  For the cam covers, I am using 0.8mm Autograph bolts that I cut to a short length.  For the transmission housing, I will use larger Autograph brass bolts.

Engine block drillingEngine block drilling

• Like 1

Super job...loving the pictures.

Mine will be complete this week and ill clean it up and show it off.

Help needed if anyone can and that is the side skirts with the fan in it wont fit snug...To get the two screws in to attach it the little runner that attaches to the body nearly comes out...I have a 2mm gap there and the screw at the skirt front is 50%visible..

Tried everything....but it looks a mess as I write..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mark Bradshaw said:

Super job...loving the pictures.

Mine will be complete this week and ill clean it up and show it off.

Help needed if anyone can and that is the side skirts with the fan in it wont fit snug...To get the two screws in to attach it the little runner that attaches to the body nearly comes out...I have a 2mm gap there and the screw at the skirt front is 50%visible..

Tried everything....but it looks a mess as I write..

Mark- can you post a few pics- it would be easier to diagnose the issue!

Nice job!  I still haven't gotten round to putting those decals on the interior switches like you have.  It's going to be a challenge with the interior now fixed LOL.

I haven't gotten to the stage of assembling the body/bumpers yet, so I can't recommend any help on your gap issue.  But that is a wide gap for sure- is there something obstructing the fit there?

It seems to be out at the back ... the floor all screws down nicely but im sure the gap above the diffuser and body is too large.

As for the body gap when i close it the screw holes are a full 1cm away from where they need to be,

Pretty frustrating as I only have the decals to put on now.

Ill keep checking on you and see how you go with it pal.

• Like 1

Drilled 10 holes in the oil pan, and CA glued brass hex bolts.  SS hex bolts (0.8mm) were cut and installed on the cam covers.  Paints used (rattle cans):  Tamiya Metallic Silver for the oil pan, block, and heads, and Testor's Chrome for the cam covers.

Cam coversCam coversCam covers

• Like 3

My problem is sorted!

I didn't make sure that the oil filler pipe ent through the hole and it just caught below so when I tightened the screws to secure the back end all seemed well.

A quick nudge with a driver tonight popped it through and gave the screws 2mm and everything fits as sweet as now.

pleased I got to the bottom of it.

• Like 1

Thanks pal but it's not in the same league as what you are doing but I'm happy and will be finished at the weekend and I'll take some nice shots of it.

My first foray into modelling for 20 years and I've loved every minute of the Pocher..my wife hasn't as I took one of the spare rooms and got orange paint on the carpet...apparently it's my last build😂

Wow! Having just started I am in awe at the level of detail going on in this model. How are you not dropping every fiddly little part a hundred times over? :D When I look at threads like these I find these pictures very inspirational. 

12 hours ago, Mark Bradshaw said:

Thanks pal but it's not in the same league as what you are doing but I'm happy and will be finished at the weekend and I'll take some nice shots of it.

My first foray into modelling for 20 years and I've loved every minute of the Pocher..my wife hasn't as I took one of the spare rooms and got orange paint on the carpet...apparently it's my last build😂

Thanks Mark!  I'm in the same boat as you- the whole dining room table is now covered with little car parts.  Thankfully, we are going out of town for the Thanksgiving dinner, so no worries.  This is also my first Pocher, and I thought that I could "graduate" on this one to tackle one of the older classic kits.  The inclusion of this transkit is quite a challenge, and I've found that sometimes I feel impatient and want to get on to the next step- only to stop and take the time to cut out the PE parts, grind them smooth, and deal with the tedium.  I always feel better after I've made the effort :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beatea said:

Wow! Having just started I am in awe at the level of detail going on in this model. How are you not dropping every fiddly little part a hundred times over? :D When I look at threads like these I find these pictures very inspirational. 

Thanks Beatea!  Indeed, just this year I had to start using reading glasses, so these little parts are fiddly!  I have been on the floor with a flashlight more than once trying to locate a 0.8mm nut or bolt that flew out of the tweezers!!  While some amount of cursing helps the frustration, I'm always glad to have put forth the effort.

Update....set myself up to finish it tonight.

Lightly sprayed the tread of the kit tyres with Tamiya rubber black and pleased with the result.

Fitted mirrors and side metal decals...just front and rear badges now and ....split the rear one and ruined it.

I'm going out for a beer.....

• Like 2