Pe fenders for Tamiya M4A1 76 kit

Plasto

Hi,

im building Tamiya's M1 'Super Sherman' kit for the radial engine GB and would like to replace the kit from fenders with some PE ones. 

Does anyone one have any recommendations for some appropriate ones to source.

Thanks

Plasto

Most, if not all, M4A1 etched brass sets include the front fenders.  Aber, Voyager, ET, Eduard, etc.  Which is best is hard to say.  But get a set designed for that kit as others may not fit. One Aber set is generic for M4, A1 and A3, for example, so there may be fit issues.  

MK Models / KA Design do a set specifically for this kit inc alloy barrel and resin mantlet, but expensive.  Aber do an extensive but almost-as-expensive specific one, PE 35250, which also includes the bogie track skids (not all do). Voyager do one too, PE35446 which includes some resin parts and tow cable wire.  I've used a couple of Voyager sets recently, and found them a bit fiddly with overly complicated design of some parts.

I have the Dragon M4A1(76) kit to do an M1 from and I bought that Aber set intended for the Tamiya M1 kit to go with it, as there isn't a set for the Dragon kit.  I may have those fit issues with the fenders and the front geometry.  I haven't used the Aber set yet, but it certainly looks OK and is quite extensive.

If it's only the front fenders that you want, you could try doing the same as I did, and that is to scrape the edge with a sharp blade. It doesn't take long and can be quite effective. If you want to see what mine looked like, have a look here at my WIP.

John.