Lunar Models The War of the Worlds Martian War Machine

Hi all, this is a rare 80's vac form and resin kit that I bought off eBay last year. I added a lighting kit and it comes with two speakers for sound effects. It's about 1/3 larger than the Pegasus 1/32 kit so pretty big, should be a fun build.

AeZBvbh.jpg
duNCDM3.jpg
1eSXGHZ.jpg
A2K8Ohd.jpg
kUZOCC9.jpg
pIWIEi6.jpg
yW66i19.jpg
PesMGfY.jpg
t7nF8Iv.jpg
sd8sUq7.jpg
bIOUm2L.jpg
MuFubNP.jpg
Vas218I.jpg

• Like 10

Didn't I read somewhere, a few years ago, that someone was going to make a WOTW movie but more to the original story, set in 1904. That I would like to see. It would have to be better than that last Tom Cruise piece of excreta.

Chris

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Didn't I read somewhere, a few years ago, that someone was going to make a WOTW movie but more to the original story, set in 1904. That I would like to see. It would have to be better than that last Tom Cruise piece of excreta.

Chris

If IIRC an American was 19C adaptation was planned but couldn't raise the money. But according to Wikipedia (always reliable...):

"In the spring of 2017 the BBC announced that it will be producing in 2018 a Victorian period, three-episode mini-series adaptation of the Wells novel. "

So maybe we will yet see Woking get properly trashed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TallBlondJohn said:

If IIRC an American was 19C adaptation was planned but couldn't raise the money. But according to Wikipedia (always reliable...):

"In the spring of 2017 the BBC announced that it will be producing in 2018 a Victorian period, three-episode mini-series adaptation of the Wells novel. "

So maybe we will yet see Woking get properly trashed.

I await.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, quick update on the Martian War Machine build. I decided to replace the resin cobra neck for some alloy channelling as it looked more realistic. The ship is now finished, I had to spend lots of time fitting, sanding and re sanding the green lighted vac form parts to blend into the ship's body. Now I am building the base and diorama which will include the Martian creatures and the electronic eye. I have added a white smd to the eye using epoxy and painted in the three colours. I will probably frost over them to give a more diffused look to the lenses, I still have the actual body to prime and paint and the umbilical cord to detail and paint. I hope to show you the diorama progress in the next week.

D7ynkzU.jpg
MOCLl5D.jpg
P6laup4.jpg
4ca6GaN.jpg
HpzqESi.jpg
W8NUP6O.jpg
OEkW3II.jpg
TKn6oxV.jpg
0biCUSz.jpg
LtVNXDq.jpg
DnlNbeO.jpg
bFkrEO7.jpg
5JTIGY5.jpg
xHVFEdZ.jpg
zOfiCDD.jpg
rXHo5W9.jpg
moI9DAj.jpg
tHKCbqw.png
XxRGRLP.png
FJvyMqC.png

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive seen that movie countless times and i think your kit looks great.

Me too,it's always been a favorite sci fi ship for as long as i can remember usually watching it as a kid on the holiday periods.

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, here is some more work in progress on the Martian War Machine diorama. I figured out that this kit was 1/32 scale so I picked up a railway station lodge in the same scale, I had to add a bucket load of details to it and give it some "war" damage and I also added some flickering LED's to simulate small fires burning and the electronic eye. I still have the umbilical to add from the ship and some more debris. The next post should be the final reveal of the diorama.

4uDQt5M.jpg
zWjU0BZ.jpg
Jd3pFdV.jpg
MHt31Hj.jpg
ZUTjRMc.jpg
kgf2x4U.jpg
0F86uUL.jpg
W3ogc2K.jpg
VVIcR59.jpg
La5dJ01.jpg
DHHcajE.jpg
uPcG02u.jpg