‘Grace’ & ‘Fortuna’ – My Messerschmitt Pair

BIG X

Well here they are in all their glory…

‘Grace’ & ‘Fortuna’ – a pair of BF-109E4’s courtesy of Airfix in 1/48.  They are ‘wheels up’ OOB, apart from resin exhausts, brass cannons and a decal set from HAD.

For more details on the build – along with all the mishaps that got me here - the WIP thread can be found here…

THE PAIR…

01_left_down.jpg

02_right_down.jpg

03_left.jpg

04_left_up.jpg

05_back.jpg

06_right.jpg

07_focus2.jpg

08_focus1.jpg

09_focus3.jpg

10_focus4.jpg

11_forward.jpg

GRACE…

1g_detail.jpg

2g_full.jpg

3g_left.jpg

…FORTUNA

1f_detail.jpg

2f_full.jpg

3f_close.jpg

4f_left.jpg

So there you go – they were a lot of fun to build – but what do you think…

As always – Thanks for taking the time to look and any constructive comments or ideas are always welcome.

Oh - and if you like them - you can 'like them' with the button other there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Please feel free to give it a click ;)

Steve

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I envy your painting skills.:yes:

:blush: Gee thanks Vinnie - six months ago I was still spraying with a rattle can and I thought that was advanced.  I've learned a lot here in such a short time - and there is still plenty more to learn when I look at the work of other members.  But it's all good fun  and that is the main thing :)

• Like 1

OOB...apart from the resin, the brass, the decals! :lol:

A stunning pair of 'Emils' Steve. Lovely crisp paintwork and very imaginatively presented.

My only suggestion - I'd have had the number two with his head turned round, checking his six, as befits his role. Although that might have ended up with him looking more like a character from the Exorcist. ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

Hi Ian - I like the suggestion about the 'Rottenhund' (wingman) looking after the 'rottenführers' (pair leader) back - I'm sure with my scalpel skills it would have gone horrendously wrong though - and trust me - I know what a bad neck feels like :lol:

As for OOB - you know what I mean 'not much added' :D

:blush: :doh: :mental: ...please ignore the spelling on my 'plaque' - German is not my first language...

Luckily @Mainly28s can spell and I will amend the situation as soon as I can get some more black ink.

Funny though :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Dave N said:

Very nice builds and a great dio, they do look very businesslike in formation like that. I really like your idea for the spinning prop too!   -D.

Cheers Dave -  I am a little proud of them - I'm still pretty much a newbie after all. :blush:

As for spinning props - motors are beyond me for now and those prop blur discs just don't do it for me - so chopping the props and filling the nosecone works for me - I think it gives the effect that the prop is turning.

38 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Cheers Dave -  I am a little proud of them - I'm still pretty much a newbie after all. :blush:

As for spinning props - motors are beyond me for now and those prop blur discs just don't do it for me - so chopping the props and filling the nosecone works for me - I think it gives the effect that the prop is turning.

Dunno if it's the light on the pics or trick 'o the eye i think they look they DO have spinning props.  

• Like 1

Thanks to @Mainly28s my personal 'spellchecker' - who spotted I had spelt 'Jagdsgeshwader' with an extra 's' that wasn't required. :doh:

I didn't want to spoil his weekend - so I said I'd fix it - and here is the new base - spellchecked. :D

base.jpg

whilst I was 'at it' - I have lowered the position of 'Grace' by an inch - I think the difference in height - with the wingman slightly behind and lower looks a little bit better and gives it more depth...

depth.jpg

...I HATE LONG GERMAN WORDS :lol:

• Like 2

How could I have left this out :doh:

MY GREATEST EVER MODELLING ACHIEVEMENT - getting all those tiny frame numbers up the side of the fuselage - TWICE!!!

NUMBERS.jpg

• Like 2

They look superb Steve :thumbsup: 

The base really displays them well and yes, the propellers look like they're going round!

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

What a stunning pair! :clap: :wicked: sorry couldn't resist.

Fabulous work and a great finish. Listen if you dont want to tackle two 1/24s just do one. I'd love to see your skills at work on such a beast.

Bravo sir, you can be super proud of these.

Johnny

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

and yes, the propellers look like they're going round!

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT

...or the lack of propellers...

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

What a stunning pair! :clap: :wicked: sorry couldn't resist.

Johnny

I have to say - I have been waiting for that comment - the old ones are still - well - the old ones...