F-15B Chase Plane

Angus Tura

'Evening.

Having completed the blitzbuild group build last week I'm feeling positively cocky and would like to add this to this GB:

Box

I think there are plenty of other builds of versions of this kit here, so I haven't photographed all the contents. The only specifics to this boxing is the colour scheme and decals. So, here they are:

colours and decals

I'm hoping I can finish this on time because the colour scheme is pretty straightforward, there aren't any external stores, and I understand the kit builds pretty well. It's going to be OOTB,

Alan

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. A little update:

Bits and pieces

I've just been preparing bit and pieces but should start getting some of them painted tomorrow. The fit seems to be good in spite of the complexity of bits where the cockpit meets up with the rear fuselage. Its nice to make a normal kit! It does have some annoying features: ejector pins and sink marks on the inlets (top) and spacers needed on the wings for them to not be floppy (bottom).

Alan

• Like 3

Thanks for that.

I though you might like to see this. Had it been available earlier I would probably have made it in this group build.

I have a copy of "X-planes at Edwards" which is a picture book of various prototypes at Edwards Air Force Base amongst which is the F-15 Active/IFCS. I have always thought this would make a great conversion. I understand that the canards are F-18 tailplanes, so it wouldn't be to difficult a change. However Hasegawa have clearly also thought it would be a good conversion:

F-15 active box

F-15 Active contents

I just got this from HLJ where it is about half the price at which its listed as a future release by a certain on line seller here.

The canards are moulded in resin with a bit of fairing attached and there are a couple of resin small fairings and a white metal pitot/instrument boom. The decals only provide the blue wedges and one would have to paint the red wedges (shades of Paul Weller and Billy Bragg).

This is just the sort of distraction that makes it so difficult to finish anything! I look in vain for a suitable GB for this in next year's selection. I thought you might like to see it,

Alan

• Like 3

• 1 month later...