Suggestions for a Magnifying light

Scimitar F1

Hi

I am looking to upgrade to a better magnifying light for my modelling bench. I have seen a few at shows such as Telford but did not buy at the time and rather regret it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a bright light with a reasonable magnifier?

Will

I've tried a couple and have found them less than satisfactory. My choice these days is a good quality daylight lamp, while I wear a pair of magnifying head glasses thingies. I find that combination much more practical, even if I do look like a prat (doesn't matter, no-one sees me but me).

I've tried magnifying lights at other people's houses, and have found them frustrating, like looking down a drainpipe at your model.  I'm a strict adherent to the OptiVisor way of looking at stuff, and pretty much plonk the thing on my head when I start, and remove it when I leave the workshop.  That way you can look at anything anywhere in whatever light you can muster, without constraining yourself in location or light angle.  OptiVisor, angle-poise lamp with 6500k LED bulb, 2 x 6500k 45W LED panels in the ceiling, and I never need any more light. :coolio:

The Optivisor is a great aid, but it is very expensive and extra lenses also cost a fair bit, the average modeller normally can't justify that sort of purchase.....with all the kits they want to buy!

I have one in stock, people usually look at it, then see the price. 

We sell loads of modelcraft magnifiers at shows and mailorder.  

Five interchangeable lenses that can be swung up when not in use, twin led to light the subject if it's to dark, rubberised grips & fit like glasses and don't have the weight of Mike's preferred optics.  

And a snip at only £13

Modelcraft 5 lens magnifier set

Paul