fewr9fkr9595

It should respond well to a light polishing once it's properly dry.  Give it a go, and report back if you'd be so kind, but don't blame me if all goes horribly wrong :whistle:

Too late for that @Mike

As soon as these pictures were took last night it was lathered in mission models 'faded aluminium' paint. More on that in another thread appearing soon... 

However I will endeavour to do some more spraying on some scrap of this gloss black, polish and then report back 👍🏿

I'm feeling pretty confident because normal stynylrez can be micromeshed lovely and smooth with 4000 grade :) 

• Like 1

It's about the only acrylic primer I've used that can be sanded, which is a great recommendation in itself, as how else are you meant to tidy up imperfections found during priming, if you can sand them out? :shrug: I think it's gradually finding its way into more and more different branded bottles on the QT. :ninja:

Yeah thats all so true...

Not used any other primer myself past year and a half or so. 

Ulitmate primer now has added the brown, yellow and green under their label. 

The mig ammo one shot wont be far behind I reckon till they follow suit. 

I myself find the grey stynylrez a tad dark, so for most builds I use my own mixed lighter grey in a bottle which is 50/50 standard grey and white. 

Also the red brown is quite red, so I mixed 70/30 with black to darken it a touch and make it more of an armour primer colour. 

I suppose one could do the same with the green, darken it a touch. And make just about any shade coating from primaries now stynylrez have released a blue, what with the red and yellow already existing - 

I see a gap in the market.... 

• Like 1

Having a wide range of colours to choose from widens your palette to an almost infinite colour palette to play with... could be useful when using primer more creatively as a base for the painting :)

23 hours ago, Mike said:

It's about the only acrylic primer I've used that can be sanded.

I sand Vallejo's poly primers. People claim that it can't be done, but I think perhaps they went in too course or too early, either of which will certainly fail.

@Tony Oliver Tony, have you been able to get a smoother finish with the gloss black yet? It looks grainy in the pics. I've started to get good smooth results from Vallejo's equivalent gloss black now, though it took some trial and error at first. Not quite as easy to use as the mattes, but the results now are good.

Edited by Ade H

• 4 weeks later...

That looks pretty good.  The weird thing with styl...z is that when it is wet it looks like you've overdone it, but it shrinks a lot on drying (much to my relief the first time I used it).  Wet coats are the way to go for sheen.  Now, how does it sand/polish? :hmmm: