Airfix BE2c

RAF BE2c, the newish 1/72 Airfix release.

knsMHD3.jpg

93xyaeC.jpg

Nice kit, I had strut problems but I think that was me. The checks are all decals, some of them don't quite match up if you look closely but again, me I think.

Not fully rigged. I might add some tailplane rigging later but I'm sick of rigging right now...

• Like 34

1 hour ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Looks great. I have two of these in the stash - any tips/warnings?

Thanks guys. Only a few little tips: keep the big check decals nice and wet so you can position them easily; I didn't follow the strut instructions which was probably a bad idea, probably best to use the jig parts provided; and it seemed to me that the engine fit was really tight so watch out for that. Other than that  it went together pretty easily for such a fiddly little thing.

15 hours ago, mackem01 said:

That's fantastic build for 72nd, well done. Was the c/s a kit option and what unit is it?

Yep, it's actually the one on the front of the box. It's identified as 'BE2c 4207 of Turnhouse Aerodrome', and there's a bit on the Airfix site here that says ' the distinctive black and white scheme applied to BE2c ‘4207’ was adopted to aid airborne recognition of this handsome training aircraft.'

To be honest I can't find anything else about it on the net so I'm just taking Airfix's word for all this.

30 minutes ago, mackem01 said:

Thanks.....I was hoping it was allocated to a numbered  squadron.

After a bit more looking around, it could be 26 Squadron, but I really can't be sure.

edit: or possibly 77... does anyone know anything more?

Edited by Unkempt

I hope this helps.

riQNrIHMtIKg61p1bKLr9m7QxWCDGIumay5VRHvM

No. 26 Training Squadron 22 May 1916 Turnhouse

Edited by FredG
Additional information