Revell Hudson from the shelf of doom.

This one had sat unfinished for months. It is a sod of a kit, and it was "finish it or bin it".

The masking film had not aged well and the glazing is not great. I filled in the fuselage windows with gloss blue as the transparencies  had clouded. It is OK, but not one of my best. Needs a new mould from Airfix...

20170905_151230

20170905_151239

Edited by John_W
Autocorect...
  • Like 26

Mine is still waiting for more of my attentions from a few years ago.

I will resurrect it, but first I need to deal with the 'Photobucket Incident'.

Well done for flogging it over the line. The effort was worth it.

Trevor

• Like 1

A great looking Hudson.  You'd never know it was such a pig to build judging from this.  All the work you out in certainly paid off.

A bit naughty of Revell to release this kit.  Most modellers know what to expect when they buy a kit from a small manufacturer like MPM/Special Hobby (although these days their kits are great) and that there will be some additional work to put in, but a more casual modeller would, with some justification, expect a kit from a mainstream manufacturer like Revell to be a fairly straightforward build.  Hardly a good advert for the hobby.  There is a big gap in Airfix's inventory which is Hudson shaped so let's hope a new tool will be on the horizon, but not before a new tool two-stage Mosquito!

• Like 2