La Haye Sainte

Ratch

Hi Ratch.

If you'd photographed that with a plain back drop on a plain surface, I'd have thought that was in 1/35th scale.

Excellent job. I particularly like the weathered whitewash and exposed brickwork. I like everything else too, but to me that is what makes your diorama stand out.

Now, I must confess that when I saw this diorama I had one of those 'shiver down the spine' moments, not deja-vu, but a kind of very vague and distant memory, jogged. I am 52 years old, but I do have a vague feeling that I saw this kit when I was extremely young... maybe 5yrs old??? Can you tell me when it was first 'released'?

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fantastic job Ratch, is it going to accompany the railway layout?

Thanks very much. This is part of my Napoleonic wargaming stuff (God knows how long it will all take) :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Ratch.

If you'd photographed that with a plain back drop on a plain surface, I'd have thought that was in 1/35th scale.

Excellent job. I particularly like the weathered whitewash and exposed brickwork. I like everything else too, but to me that is what makes your diorama stand out.

Now, I must confess that when I saw this diorama I had one of those 'shiver down the spine' moments, not deja-vu, but a kind of very vague and distant memory, jogged. I am 52 years old, but I do have a vague feeling that I saw this kit when I was extremely young... maybe 5yrs old??? Can you tell me when it was first 'released'?

Rearguards

Badder

That's high praise indeed :worthy: :thanks:

Airfix originally issued this kit in 1972, so you're not far out :D

This was basically a re-paint, but I have another that I'd like to do more work on at some point in the future :wait:

• Like 1