- SUKHOI Su 30MKM - 1/48

IPMS19

What a beautiful project your got on hands IPMS19.

You just keep up the priming/sanding, until you are happy with what you see. 

From what I remember you have gone passed the hardest part...

I built the SU-37 a few years ago, is in the RFI section somewhere...

You got a new follower 

Adrian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adrianm2 said:

What a beautiful project your got on hands IPMS19.

You just keep up the priming/sanding, until you are happy with what you see. 

From what I remember you have gone passed the hardest part...

I built the SU-37 a few years ago, is in the RFI section somewhere...

You got a new follower 

Adrian

- Thanks Adrian, I think you mean the  soup up version of the Flanker , not the Berkut

- I've tried  once to built this blackbird using a Flanker nose grafted to an F 111 fuselage and a lot of scratch  ,I gave up owing to the complexity of the task, now I'm waiting for a 48 scale model kit......Any volunteer.....,?

9 hours ago, adrianm2 said:

Hi IPMS19

This is what I built a few years ago.

It may have been done with the same conversion you are using.

Cheers

Adrian 

- I had missed your post when sended

-Very nice built, it seems you have modified the exhaust or are they  A.M transkits ?

42 minutes ago, Ran said:

Great effort and great build !

Learning a lot from following this.

With all the resin and putty upfront - no need for added weight :)

- The most spectacular work of the past weeks is now replaced by a far more less visible detailing work but a bit boring, all of this tend to a traditionnal kit building, but I'm still going on, you will see the result soon.

-The weight of the nose is truly heavy, and things will notameliorate as the radar cone is a resin block too; Maybe I will hollow it a bit

- Work is going on, mostly on detail now. I turn my attention to the fins with enlarged rudders, different top fin sensors and the traditionnal bug on most flanker kits the left fin intake at ist base larger than the right one.

dO2WCo.jpg

F7gsaq.jpg

kTBoGY.jpg

5Iw3wO.jpg

6SL7AP.jpg

sKpDHM.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, exdraken said:

that nose looks really good!

luck that the MKM has twin nosewheels.... :D

16j8vE.jpg

- The blue part is the one from the kit, the shape  of the resin part is much more streamlined as the real one is

- After another dive in my deepest stash I discovered this.......dating back from the last secular, in  those days the Euro didn't  exist yet....hencethe decision to inclued it in my MKM

PrOZCV.jpg

- This means another surgery party.......

bfg64X.jpg

SEAuwm.jpg

- I know, it should have been done before installing the cockpit, it should have been easier and far less risky for my dear dremel........

7o7sMD.jpg

- That is it is intended to look like.......

EZyMIU.jpg

- This the result raw from the work bench....... note the electronic device in front the windscreen, it remind me the same looking installation on some late F 16 version

- Things are going on at slow  pace but now they are in the usual model building  way.

- The first pics are about one of the challenge I had to copê with, the stranhe warning devices on the back and under the nose

VfsfYr.jpg

hFZ3O8.jpg

AAfSok.jpg

lQ1VPb.jpg

- The beast is now primed, there is still a few bugs to eradicate

yIiBAy.jpg

QlItxB.jpg

- The grey of the radar nose cone is  Neutral grey H 53 Hobby Color. The whole fuselage will be FS 36375 Grey Hobby Color I think this will fit

2 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

The first pics are about one of the challenge I had to copê with, the stranhe warning devices on the back and under the nose

The large 'turrets' on the spine and lower fuselage are the SAAB Avitronic MAWS-200 (Missile Approach Warning System).

The smaller wedge-shapes on the lower fuselage (and on the intake sides) are the LWS310 Laser Warning Sensors.

su-30_032.jpg

I did the Su-30MKM in 1/72 scale a few years ago - using the Heller Su-27UB as the starting point - (much easier now to use the Trumpeter Su-30MKK)

Great progress on your 1/48th version :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:analintruder: Aw, "they're" Gawd, Jean-Michel!

Mate, you've come such a long way now with your build that even Mr Ken Duffey is appeased!

Impressive job, my bruh! :worthy: Think you might as well have gotten the new HobbyBoss kit for such an awesome work, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

I'm real lost for words here, my poor croissant, chap. :lol:

Cheers, luv.

Unc2

- I went on to the fore planes..They arevery thinly molded,that render drilling a hole on the side is very tricky , so I rely to a much more radical solution

0MIg6y.jpg

- I simply cut a slot in the part again with my trusty dremel.......

zYKLbf.jpg

-Then gluing a strong metal wire with C.A glue

3rSQVA.jpg

-The remaining slot is blocked by resin dust dropped on a C.A glue drop

-Then sanding and priming....they will be installed at the end of the building as the resin is very thin and fragile and may sustend heavy damages , difficult to repare at best ,during the host of remaining handlings till the R.F.I post......

Zirur0.jpg

ukKqWV.jpg

• Like 2

- Work is going on with the canopy. As very often there is a molding line right in the middle of the transparency to be rmoved.

VXmivt.jpg

QNHR8k.jpg

- According to my old habit to open the canopies each time it is possible , the furnishing of the nside is mandatory

c7mkO9.jpg

- Then I began the first coat of paint . I've used  the H 308  FS  36375 from HOBBY COLOR

czvECf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

- It is now time for painting ans as usual a wash has to be applied

TjHMQ8.jpg

AEULKt.jpg

4AVSPb.jpg

- The low level lights system is made of strip of adhesiv black stripes and yellow painted white ones the whole being a bit under sized , the size over would be too large

The  after market metal landing gear is easy to install but is is not mandatory, the kit one could be used as well

GON0sS.jpg

- And the beast is finished, (minus the gun tube ) - Other photos will be posted  later and it will be  displayed at Telford SMW next week in alien corner.....

H8YkyT.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I have found this thread a bit late but definitely your work in progress report will help me a lot during my Su-35UB (T-10UBM-1 "801") build. I have recently got an Academy Su-27 Flanker B with Wolfpack Su-33 conversion set from Ebay. I will use canards + shoulders and nose in my build.

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

I have found this thread a bit late but definitely your work in progress report will help me a lot during my Su-35UB (T-10UBM-1 "801") build. I have recently got an Academy Su-27 Flanker B with Wolfpack Su-33 conversion set from Ebay. I will use canards + shoulders and nose in my build.

Serkan

- Vielen Danke to have put this old thread to the light again. I wish you the best for your kit bashing. It had been easier than I thought at first  with the Sol transkit for an Su 33; I don't know  the one from wolpack  but I guess the adaptation on the Su-27 shouldn't pose major problem as it has been taylorded for.

- If I can can give you an advice, use as much parts of the main kit as possible

- The result can be seen somewhere in my profile.

• Thanks 1