1/48 1970s British forces choppers?

RMP2

After a bit of rummaging about (Im not a helicopter kind of guy as a rule) I see that the UK used the Scout and the Sioux and then the Lynx and Gazelle. The Wessex is a given, even I know of that funky lump! Saving the Wessex for a Navy build, just fancied an exploration into a camo heli too.

Out of those above I quite fancy an early Lynx but all I can find is the Airfix Lynx in what looks very much to me like a modern configuration.

Would it be possible to make a passing resemblance to an early Lynx from this kit? An AH-1 perhaps? I mean, its got the folding blade assembly included which makes it Shelf Easy and thats a bonus in itself.

It wouldnt need to be perfect, just wondering if the kit allows a non-IR suppressed exhaust and what not? Or am I missing something re other kits?

The Airfix Ive seen:

airfix1_48lynxah7%20(1).jpg

Try this for a back-date https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RC4802

I can highly recommend this range of conversions, Colin, the designer of these conversions, has gone the extra mile to ensure the modeller has everything they need to accurately model the subject.

Good luck with what ever you decide. 

The Woo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook said:

That one was 1/50th, unfortunately.

Italeri do a Wessex HU.5 in 1/48th. 

Cheers,

Andre

I'm guessing the Academy Wessex is the Italeri reboxed?

Thanks for the replies, guys. Tis food for thought.

Rather inevitably I have gravitated towards an early 80s Chinook, no prizes for guessing which one in particular... Ive had a rummage and only found the same question - Are there still no decal sheets available for Bravo November? I realise its only a few bits for the "BN" and the serial, but still.
Would mean being naughty and folding the blades to fit the cabinet, mind, but at least its possible on the real deal if not a standard thing to do. Its just them decals.... Any thoughts? :shrug: