BV222 - she's a big'un!!!!

Right folks - thanks to Enzo my BV222 thread has now been moved to WIP from the Flying Boat GB.  Hopefully you'll all continue to join in with me as I work to get her finished.

I now have the paint I needed so progress will shortly resume.

Thanks to all the BMers who have been continuing to cheer me on in this massive undertaking. :thumbsup:

Kris

• Like 4

On 03/09/2017 at 3:18 PM, planecrazee said:

I had wanted to get this kit for ages and eventually it came up in the Wonderland Models sale - I ended up getting it for an absolute bargain:

DSC00128

You could't say no at that price could you - that would just have been wrong!!

Wonderland sale? I remember fondling this very box. And I did say no - looking at my small flat I think at least I saw sense for once, then I read this WIP and wonder what if...

Edited by TallBlondJohn
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 00:43, planecrazee said:

Been trying to make some more progress on the BV and have now got to the point where I have got her sealed up - this is when the size really hits you - and this is without the wings:frantic:

So here's the progress to date:

DSC00153

DSC00155

DSC00156

DSC00158

DSC00159

DSC00160

DSC00162

DSC00163

DSC00164

Also - I did say that I would share some pics of my new modelling man cave - which is still a work in progress - but at least I finally have a space to myself where I can't upset SHMBO lol.  This is where I'm up to so far:

DSC00166

DSC00168

I also thought I would join in the spirit of showing off my stash like @The Spadgent which now has it's very own space unlike previously.  I think I may have one or two more models than I thought.... ooops!!  Never mind - it'll give me a goal to aim for in trying to get them all built lol

DSC00171

DSC00173

DSC00170

DSC00169

DSC00174

The last pic shows my 'shelf of doom' which isn't too bad to be fair.  It currently contains a Revell 1/48 Stuka - almost finished, a Revell Halifax 1/72, Airfix Sea King 1/72, Revell Chaika 1/72, Airfix Supermarine Swift 1/72 and the excellent little Airfix Tiger Moth 1/72....... phew - maybe plenty to be getting on with!!!!  

However - must crack on with the BV - hope to have an update for you all very soon - happy modelling in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Kris

Love the stashes! Is there a stash thread on this forum? If not there should be!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Wonderland sale? I remember fondling this very box. And I did say no - looking at my small flat I think at least I saw sense for once, then I read this WIP and wonder what if...

Never say never John - I'm sure you could squeeze her in some where lol

So now the BV has moved into to a WIP thread, I felt another update was necessary. As I said earlier, I now have the RLM 72/73 I need for the main camouflage colours so I'll be cracking on with that next.  However, in the meantime I have pre-shaded the entire fuselage and wings and added some white highlights to the individual panels to help break up the paint scheme.

I have begun the painting process by spraying Revell Aqua 49 Hellblau on the underside of the wings and the fuselage so the next job will be to mask this off so I can begin the splinter camo.  I'll try to get this completed asap and get an update posted for you.

So here's where she stands at the moment:

DSC00200

DSC00201

DSC00202

DSC00203

DSC00204

DSC00205

DSC00206

DSC00207

DSC00208

DSC00210

DSC00211

DSC00214

• Like 8

8 hours ago, jrlx said:

Excellent progress! Very good job on the pre-shading! The Hellblau turned out very well also!

Cheers

Jaime

Thanks Jaime - I'm still going strong.  With regards to the Hellblau, I really like the Revell Aqua acrylic paints as they are really smooth and thick and when thinned ensure that they spray perfectly without any lumps and bumps. (Should get a job promoting Revell products lol)!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Wow, that pre-shading must have taken a while :D 

Glad to see you're pressing on - the undersde looks good B)

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew - yeah it was a bit of a mammoth pre-shading task!!!:sleep_1:

Thanks for your ongoing support and hope to have a finished BV to show you at some point in the near future

Kris

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

hope to have a finished BV to show you at some point in the near future

Have you decided where you'll put it?

11 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

...maybe I could build a dock in the garden :hmmm:

6 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

...although I'm not sure 'er indoors' would agree lol

You could design it as a fish pond and 're-purpose' it later :D

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Great work. Good to see you’re pushing on and giving this lovely bird all the attention she deserves. :christmas:

Jont.

Thanks for your ongoing support Jont, and I'll do my best to make sure she has been worth all the effort that has gone into bringing her into fruition

• Like 1