F-4 Phantom II STGB Chat

PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, whiskey said:

Count me in. I will try and hold off on building one of the like 8 F-4 kits and about 2 dozen sheets of decals to choose from lol.

Why hold off?   You can build at least three in the meantime just to get your hand in...  :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With a bit of luck life will have stopped being ridiculous by the time this comes around.

Got a 1/48 FGR2 and a load of aftermarket stuff stashed for a 1435 Flight Falklands Toom waiting to end up all grey with a white fin - The "F" of my F, G and R trio.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I would be interested in this if I can procure some Turkish Filo 111 Panthers decals. Caracal have a sold out sheet and have been "doing' a new sheet for a few years but no sign yet!

So maybe they will release it before this GB

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to join seeing its some way off, I'll most likely be grabbing Airfix's FGR 2 when it's released not sure what particular aircraft I'll be building just yet though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Count me in - I've got the Hasegawa FG1 and a set of F4-K decals so back to the old ARK ROYAL here we go.  Unless of course by then Airfix have done the decent thing and scaled up their F4-K to the proper scale!

I may have been premature with designating a 23(F) Squadron bird...  I have the decals but have also just obtained the comprehensive 'Maintrack' decal sheet!

Will have a think and report back as to which exact aircraft I shall build...

...but it will be Spey powered!

On 6/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, FortyEighter said:

Well, with the 48th B, J and K variants in the stash it would be rude not to take part!

Quite.  Except substitute M for K (I think) in my case.  And considering I started the learning (which I now have to re-learn) and collecting spare parts a few years back, I have fewer excuses than usual...

Edit: Wandered over to the stack (a subdivision of 'stash') and Hasegawa's calling it an FG.1.  Close enough!

Edited by gingerbob

• 2 months later...