Vosper MTB 234 -1/72

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great result Andrew, good job on the scheme and weathering, as mentioned by others the base really sets it off as do the Gunthwaite figures. I have a Coastal Craft kit underway at the moment, (magazine article build) ...certainly not the easiest kits in the world but well worth the time invested....

• Like 1

On 04/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, general melchett said:

Great result Andrew, good job on the scheme and weathering, as mentioned by others the base really sets it off as do the Gunthwaite figures. I have a Coastal Craft kit underway at the moment, (magazine article build) ...certainly not the easiest kits in the world but well worth the time invested....

It does have it's challenges, but mostly just needs a bit of planning.  I guess you might have constraints as it's for a magazine, but it was well worth rebuilding the mast from brass and adding the footsteps around the Oerlikon mount.

The torpedo tubes are the biggest problem - the first pair had suffered from uneven shrinkage so I couldn't get a fit I ordered a second set which were better, but still don't sit quite right.

Andrew

It does have it's challenges, but mostly just needs a bit of planning.  I guess you might have constraints as it's for a magazine, but it was well worth rebuilding the mast from brass and adding the footsteps around the Oerlikon mount.

I agree about careful planning, luckily I don't have any constraints on this one and I tend to scratch anything that needs replacing to be honest so that won't be a hardship. It's not the Vosper I'm doing but I'm pretty sure this applies to all Martin's models, they're a great basis for a super-detailed project.

• 1 month later...

That really is an outstanding Dio :DB)

I usually don't like ship models on "sea bases", can't see the whole model (if full hull), but this is astonishing, speed, power a certain show winner:D

21 hours ago, FAAMAN said:

That really is an outstanding Dio :DB)

I usually don't like ship models on "sea bases", can't see the whole model (if full hull), but this is astonishing, speed, power a certain show winner:D

Thanks everyone, considering it started as a plan to save a bit of display space, I'm more than happy with the compliments...