Built this kit for the From Russia with Love group build. Since the kit's barrel is about 3 mm too short I replaced it with a metal one from Aber. Also the engine grilles are moulded solid so I replaced those with Eduard photo-etch. The tank was painted with a base colour of Vallejo Model Air 4B0 Russian Green. The chipping of the winter camouflage was done with Mig's heavy chipping fluid which did lead to some heavy chipping especially on the left hand side of the turret which was not really my intention but it was my first time using it so the next time should go better with a bit more restraint. The base is a piece of teak covered in clay which was then covered with brown Vallejo Thick Mud. The snow is Krycell fine from Precision Ice and Snow, the snow effects on the upper surfaces is a result of multiple applications of their snow wash. Overall I really enjoyed this build, learned some new things and made some mistakes but since this is only the 6th build that I have finished I'm quite happy with the result .

WIP: here

OoNDWZu.jpg

ftkKAIq.jpg

BaXLjcE.jpg

gsGTvHT.jpg

gWbHLgl.jpg

G1Lce2B.jpg

keIlRtY.jpg

Edited by reteip9
  • Like 10