This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

cocky05d    332

Hi ,been buying these for a while ,if you are careful taking them apart you can reuse the switch and the contacts for the batteries .

How do i connect the motor to the prop ,was thinking about Brass tubes  .

Planning to do a Revell 1.32 Mossie in flight .

Don't think it will be this year ,or the next ,or the next .

If you look at the motors they look the same as a Tamaya motor i have from a sdkfz 7 kit .

Grrr ,just had a look on ebay ,you can get 10 for £3.79,i will never learn.:rage:

Grey Beema    780

I saw a suggestion somewhere that if you use a short piece of plastic tube or possibly wire insulation between the motor shaft and the prop shaft, it will take up any misalignment between the two..

You should also look at micro motors that they use in mobile phones..

Edited by Grey Beema

dogsbody    1,096

I have about a dozen of these little pager type motors. I acquired them from work before I retired. They were out of time-expired personal gas monitors. I've just haven't figured out how to remove the little counterweights from the shaft.

AAAAAA

Chris

Black Knight    3,594

It looks like those weights are a press fit with a locking divot.

Two ways to try to get them off;

1. carefully drill down into the divot until its no more

2. use a dremel type tool fitted with a cutting disc to cut a slot in the side with the divot, then it might just slide off, or widen the slot with a small screwdriver to ease it

armored76    17

I had a similar idea a while ago and was suggested hypodermic needles or brass tubing as you mentioned. I have to admit the plastic, flexible tubing sounds like an interesting idea... Might indeed compensate for slight misalignment but possibly also cause some...