Nie pójdziem żywo w trumnę (1/72 IBG RWD-8)

Procopius

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Kill me.

Very tired, so I only did a little bit tonight, to avoid messing up. I added the landing gear, which I hope and pray can support the weight of the wing. 

Sorry you’re having an ongoing rough time of it. It certainly hasn’t blunted your elegant  & entertaining turn of phrase or modelling skills.

Model & weans all splendid - good luck on getting through the incoherent and petulant toddler phase of both children and Presidency. Only 3 or so years of each to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

And the top of the evening onto you, Mr. P,

Your resilience does you proud, and this is impressive. Children have been sent on earth to test us (I know I sure tested my folks). Nonetheless, when all else fails, make it look like an accident...

I have heard and read about the RWD-8, but I would never have decided to build one, which goes to show why you are always to be found on the path less traveled. Lonely...

I positively love what you've achieved so far.

Have fun.

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good work PC on the aircraft, not sure I'd want to put my trust in that undercarriage if I was flying in the real thing - looks a touch delicate. I trust all is well with your family and sorry to hear of your travails.

Good work PC on the aircraft, not sure I'd want to put my trust in that undercarriage if I was flying in the real thing - looks a touch delicate. I trust all is well with your family and sorry to hear of your travails.

13 hours ago, Harley John said:

You’re once, twice, three times a poster... :) 

However back on topic, yes as all have said its looking great so far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello Mr P

Really nice tiny kit !

You did great ! The way you also did great with your kids !

Thank to the progress, You will not have to rush to the electric chord when your son found that the drawer of a VHS reader is a perfect door for parking his little METAL cars into it !!

Just an exemple into a million!!! With 3 kids and a son in law !!!

Being the oldest of a 8 kids family, I don't understand how I managed to get alive still !!

All that said, I understand you loud and clear !!

But my daughter was and still is the most Kamikaze of the 3

Look

WP_20170403_13_34_05_ProWP_20170403_13_35_21_ProWP_20170403_13_35_31_Pro

To came that way ....

WP_20171007_17_58_04_Pro

She's cosplaying a GTA V character !! If it's reassuring for you !!

So dogs are not making cats Is'nt it ??

If you want a third kid, Try a daughter !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, Harley John said:

How the heck did I manage that???

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2017 at 7:20 PM, Harley John said:

How the heck did I manage that???

Some men are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them, John.

On 11/6/2017 at 7:04 AM, corsaircorp said:

If you want a third kid, Try a daughter !!

No thanks. I would have been perfectly happy with girls, as I intended to raise them no differently than I will Winston and Grant (which is to say: with great emotional distance and loads of casual neglect) but right now there are all sorts of Capital-N Notions about how one has to raise girls, whereas I get the impression most people find boys rather embarrassing and wish they'd go away, which means very little in the way of unsolicited advice (aside from the sublimely stupid "teach boys not to rape," which I imagine works at least as well as stern injunctions not to murder people). 

On 11/2/2017 at 11:18 AM, GrzeM said:

I'm proud that I participate in such splendid effort!

In fact, it would hardly have been possible without you! Am I correct in thinking the rudder should have the Polish national insignia on it? 

Anyway, I actually did a little work on the kit tonight, but Flickr is down, so you'll have to take my word for it. I was very saddened to read that John Hillerman, the American character actor who played Higgins in Magnum, P.I., passed away today. I have a special fondness for all character actors, who are in general the soul of whatever they appear in. Ronald Koertge perhaps said it best in his poem "Sidekicks":

They were never handsome and often came
with a hormone imbalance manifested by corpulence,
a yodel of a voice or ears big as kidneys.

But each was brave. More than once a sidekick
has thrown himself in front of our hero in order
to receive the bullet or blow meant for that
perfect face and body.

Thankfully, heroes never die in movies and leave
the sidekick alone. He would not stand for it.
Gabby or Pat, Pancho or Andy remind us of a part
of ourselves,

the dependent part that can never grow up,
the part that is painfully eager to please,
always wants a hug and never gets enough.

Who could sit in a darkened theatre, listen
to the organ music and watch the best
of ourselves lowered into the ground while
the rest stood up there, tears pouring off
that enormous nose.

This weekend is the Butch O'Hare IPMS show nearish to my house on Saturday, and while it's hardly Telford, I'll be making my way out there with my friend Josh to fritter away some money on foolish pleasures. Next week, Mrs P and the kids are in Michigan, so I may get some modelling done, or I may sleep. I'd take the whole week off work, but I also have to attend Social Media Week Chicago to hone my craft and meet "influencers" and "thought leaders". Blech.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

which I imagine works at least as well as stern injunctions not to murder people

Ah, so that's where my folks went wrong, they were supposed to tell me not to do that!

Good hunting at the show PC, hope you have a good day off from the family :lol: 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Ah, so that's where my folks went wrong, they were supposed to tell me not to do that!

It's things like this that keep me up at night. Have I taught Winston how not to throw a paving stone so as to dash out the brains of a passerby? Have I explained again to him that despite what the news suggests, our lax national gun laws are not primarily intended as a DIY population control measure? Does he fully understand that mayonnaise is an affront to god and man?

• Haha 4

Mayonnaise, done properly (ie not made from canola or sunflower oil, and NOT out of a bottle or jar), is a delight and a wonder. Done improperly (ie made from canola or sunflower oil and from a bottle or jar) it's... an affront to even American cuisine.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rob G said:

American cuisine

Not quite a complete oxymoron, but...

When even the Brits can take the p*ss out of your food, then you know your nation really is consuming some rank stuff

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Have a great time at the show PC. I hope your week of modelling and sleep (although not at the same time) goes well - freedom!

Bringing up kids is a huge responsibility for those who care and a mere, somewhat annoying, pastime for those who don't. So many dangers... rocks, guns, mayonnaise. Especially mayonnaise.

I know you'll do as good a job as you do on your models. No worries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Enjoy the show Procopius. Sadly i won’t be able to attend. Life got in the way as usual. My meager little budget that was set up for the show, got destroyed by a medical injury i sustained recently. 

Sorry man. Seems to be that time of year for everyone. My buddy who was supposed to hang out with me pre-show today had to rush to the ER to see his mom, and then his van started leaking antifreeze all over. Hope you're holding up okay.

Anyway, here I am as of yesterday, the fattest I've ever been (per my doctor, a ray of light):

2017-11-09_09-53-51

That's the face of a man who's accepted suburban mediocrity for the rest of his days. If you look closely, you can see the light dying in my eyes.

Anyway! The control surfaces are now painted:

20171109_213842

One was slightly short shot, or whatever the resin equivalent is, and as all Arma Hobby resin is now OOP (I just grabbed the last RWD-8 wing and engine sets on ebay in case I want to do another [I do] before I posted this; foresight!), I cut off the tip of the plastic kit one, glued it in place, and crudely faired it together. From the right angle, unnoticeable!  (I should note, en passant, Karaya appears to have come out with their own corrected wing. The Arma cowling in particular is/was gorgeous, though, and no one else seems to have stepped up.)

One slight difficulty is that it's a pain to ensure the ailerons fit properly to the mounting horns, so I just cut those off, and I'll stick in little filed down bits of plastic card into the gaps in the fullness of time.

20171109_213849

I also painted the wheel hubs, and masked the side that won't get PE hubs using a handy sheet of small circles made by Gunze that I bought aeons ago.

20171109_213919

20171109_213911

In a few minutes here, and already over where you likely are, it will be Remembrance Day. 

How little is the prize they win, how mean a coin for these -- 
How small a shrivelled laurel-leaf lies crumpled here and curled: 
They died to save their country and they only saved the world. 

-- G K Chesterton

• Like 10

Good to have a face with the name finally. I really have been enjoying the build so far. Im a fan of polish aviation have been for quite some time. I would like to do a number of there aircraft from the 1920’s to the current air force types. Im looking for either Polish roundels in various sizes. Or failing that masks in various sizes to paint the roundels.

Im a bit odd though, even though it is currently known as veterans day here. I still call it by its true name, Armistice Day. I am a bit of an amateur historian and an oddball. I dont like to party or celebrate on Memorial day, Independence day, And Armistice Day. I tend to be a bit quiet and down on these days as i know the true cost of them. Our family has a long history of service, including loss in war. 

Dennis

• Like 1

They went with songs to the battle; they were young

Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted

They fell with their faces to the foe

They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old

Age shall not weary them or the years condemn

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them

It was only fairly recently that I learned that the famous Binyon poem was written right at the start of WW1 - September 1914, after the Battle of the Marne.  But he still nailed it.

• Like 9

Hello Dears.

Hère I'm a new attendant of the Wolverhampton university !! Will show photos in a few days. Meeting some great modellers aaaand havin' some beers. It's m'y Forst SMW a great day and I wear my poppy with prise. Listening now to 1916 from Motörhead.

Sée you mater. Have a Nice modeling tome.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

On 11/11/2017 at 05:42, Procopius said:

the fattest I've ever been

... but, hopefully, not the fattest you will be my friend. One chin is never enough IMHO:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

On 11/11/2017 at 05:42, Procopius said:

That's the face of a man who's accepted suburban mediocrity for the rest of his days. If you look closely, you can see the light dying in my eyes.

No, no... there's plenty more to see and do and a stash to attend to.

Gird your loins and raise your chin (still only one?) - we'll puff your chest out with a few comments on that great modelling of yours!

Great save on the ailerons and nice neat work on the wheel masking PC... as usual.

See? (and I did hug Stew, so there...)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2