No 'Like/react' buttons on my posts?

Question... 

I've been told there are no like buttons on my recent posts. I looked at earlier posts and there are like/thanks etc  buttons and notifications, but recently nothing. 

I've been through my profile and account settings but I can't see any options for removing or restoring these.

Anyone know why this is happening, and can I get this facility working again?

Alan 

• Like 1

I've refreshed the cache to no avail, and checked Alan's settings.  Nothing there that indicates a problem either.  I think I'm gonna have to call in the Support people for this one.  Did this begin yesterday Alan?

Bearing in mind that no-one can Like their own posts, do we know if anyone else is affected?  Alan - can you see a Like on mine or Bhouse's posts?

I've dragged support in on the issue, so we should hopefully get some info soon.  It seems the lack of Likes arose before the recent upgrade, so it's not just a simple bug that happened then.  Have you got any idea when you received your last like @Alan P?  You should be able to go back through your notifications, and if you're lucky it happened more recently than 30 days ago :pray:

• Like 1

It's because you're using an iphone, they're now an optional extra you have to purchase from the istore, search for iLike and iReact accordingly, each emoji costs roughly the equivalent of a decent android device or about a 1/4 the cost of the latest iphone ;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, M1ks said:

It's because you're using an iphone, they're now an optional extra you have to purchase from the istore, search for iLike and iReact accordingly, each emoji costs roughly the equivalent of a decent android device or about a 1/4 the cost of the latest iphone ;)

I have the full set of emojis on my iPhone and I've not paid a 💷 for them

🍻🤝🐳🌋⁉️

Trevor

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

I have the full set of emojis on my iPhone and I've not paid a 💷 for them

🍻🤝🐳🌋⁉️

Trevor

The little winky emoji is a suggestion that my post may not have been entirely serious and is intended as lighthearted jollities. ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I've refreshed the cache to no avail, and checked Alan's settings.  Nothing there that indicates a problem either.  I think I'm gonna have to call in the Support people for this one.  Did this begin yesterday Alan?

Bearing in mind that no-one can Like their own posts, do we know if anyone else is affected?  Alan - can you see a Like on mine or Bhouse's posts?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I've dragged support in on the issue, so we should hopefully get some info soon.  It seems the lack of Likes arose before the recent upgrade, so it's not just a simple bug that happened then.  Have you got any idea when you received your last like @Alan P?  You should be able to go back through your notifications, and if you're lucky it happened more recently than 30 days ago :pray:

Sorry should have @'d you : last like was 18 July, had notifications of replies, quotes etc since then but no likes 😭😭😭

We'll tell support the approximate date and see if that gives them any clues. They might know something about that date that means that isn't initially obvious to us mere mortals. :)

I'm wondering whether anyone else is affected, or if it's just Alan. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that though, other than wading through posts looking for that missing heart. Perhaps we should follow the yellow brick road? :hmmm:

Still waiting for a reply as of a few minutes ago, but I thought I'd check back, as I've just applied a patch to fix another issue we'd spotted that probably would n't have affected most of you.  better fix it though :)

As soon as I get some response, I'll report back ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Alan P any change to this?  Clearly you won't be able to like your own stuff, and that's how it's supposed to be, but the rest of us should be able to, so if you could post again we'll see if there's been any change.

• Like 1

Right - there was a setting lurking after your last unfreezing Al.  Someone forgot to unset it.  That'll learn ya for asking to be frozen so many times! :tease:

• Like 1