Bristol Bloodhound Mk I - Airfix 1/72 RFI

That's brilliant.

I remember my dad making one of these for me. He liked the fact that there was a little 1/72 version of him with his dog - although the Bloodhound was a bit after his time!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

This brings back some memories. I made this back in the 70's. You've done a really good job.   :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, very kind :)

19 minutes ago, IanC said:

That's brilliant.

I remember my dad making one of these for me. He liked the fact that there was a little 1/72 version of him with his dog - although the Bloodhound was a bit after his time!

Thanks Ian - another nice piece of nostalgia :)

Strewth, a couple of wheels down Ced models (OK, the Landie & trailer would look odd wheels up...!!)

I never did make it to the build thread, so nice to see it here - especially so as it's in a diorama too!

Good work again Ced!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thanks Murdo (love the signature :D )

Thanks Keith - you missed the build? Oh well, not much missed... usual kit bashing, cursing and tool lust! :)

That's a lovely looking build Ced and I also remember building this many years ago. I sang in our church choir and we were paid for weddings, this was one of the kits that I purchased from a local cycle shop with my choral earnings. :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

Nice job. The Bloodhound Mk2 was actually classed as an aircraft in the last years of it's life, so that we Air Radar techs could be forced into slavery in the MOTEs (Missile Overall Test Equipment).

Twin engined, wooden winged, Mach 2 interceptor

• Thanks 1