Russian WW2 Armour x3 - T34/76, SU-122 and KV-1 - Tamiya 1/48

On 12/09/2017 at 19:26, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Beautiful paintwork Stix, the weathering on the KV is particularly convincing.  :coolio:

If you give the short track lengths a (not-so) gentle bend you'll get a better flow to the track runs.  :nerd:

Hi Sarge and thank you very much. I will keep in mind about the tracks next time I build L&L tracks. Too late for these as they are embedded in the mud!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 16/09/2017 at 06:44, Ripaman said:

Wow Stix fabulous work on all three of your tanks, they all look as if they had only been out of the fab shop 3 or 4 weeks :like:

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard and thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

I just noticed the rear-facing machine gun on the KV-1 turret.  That's a novel idea that must have surprised quite a few opponents.

That very first pic of all three on the diorama is pretty impressive, let's see more.

After all of the German AFV's I've fondled over the years and having built just two Soviet vehicles ever I find the Soviet stuff is addictive and I'd love to lay my paws on a

1/16 T-34/85 someday.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

On 25/09/2017 at 23:59, Carius said:

I agree, amazing work :clap2:

All the best

Cesar

Hi Carius. That is very kind of you to say, as always. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 28/09/2017 at 20:18, BlackMax12 said:

I just noticed the rear-facing machine gun on the KV-1 turret.  That's a novel idea that must have surprised quite a few opponents.

That very first pic of all three on the diorama is pretty impressive, let's see more.

After all of the German AFV's I've fondled over the years and having built just two Soviet vehicles ever I find the Soviet stuff is addictive and I'd love to lay my paws on a

1/16 T-34/85 someday.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd and thank you for your comments. Yeah there must have been an element of surprise when first encountered. If you want to see more photos of the diorama itself, they can be found here.

I hope you do manage to get the T-34/85 - I'd be very interested to see your build of it in progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

I scoped out the diorama and I've ran out of adjectives.  Even the airplane is outstanding, like the 2 officers are saying "it's broke, what now?"

I'll never ever be able to come even remotely close to that level but what the heck, my feeble efforts pass the time and being retired I have lots of time.  I snagged a Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger and might get a Tamiya 1/16

Early Tiger I from the same guy so the T-34/85 will have to wait.  This guy has hundreds of kits, he buys and never builds so after a few years they go on the block at a good price.  Some of them are real collector's items and I just drool even looking.

I have another Trumpeter 1/16 Jagdtiger on the way for a second attempt so looks like a busy winter.  I need a wallet transfusion right about now too.  Too many toys, too little money.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2017 at 16:54, BerndM said:

Stunning builds the amount of weathering and dirt looks right on these well build tanks.

Thank you very much Bernd - you are always very kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 20:07, BlackMax12 said:

I scoped out the diorama and I've ran out of adjectives.  Even the airplane is outstanding, like the 2 officers are saying "it's broke, what now?"

I'll never ever be able to come even remotely close to that level but what the heck, my feeble efforts pass the time and being retired I have lots of time.  I snagged a Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger and might get a Tamiya 1/16

Early Tiger I from the same guy so the T-34/85 will have to wait.  This guy has hundreds of kits, he buys and never builds so after a few years they go on the block at a good price.  Some of them are real collector's items and I just drool even looking.

I have another Trumpeter 1/16 Jagdtiger on the way for a second attempt so looks like a busy winter.  I need a wallet transfusion right about now too.  Too many toys, too little money.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd. You are way to kind and way too hard on your own work. You have demonstrated thoroughly amazing skills on your projects - and I have been seriously impressed by all your models. There is no way I could create the level of realism you achieve on your larger projects - I would really like to have a go at a larger build but just do not have the space to build or display anything above 1/35.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 12/10/2017 at 09:38, Jim Wasley said:

Top Class have them all in 1/35 and yours out do mine by a Mile and then some,gone beyond plastic have taken on a total metal look,The best, cheers.

Hi Jim. That is very kind of you to say, thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

They are all really nice, three of my favourite Russian tanks.   I like the way you've mangled the fenders on them too to give the impression of use but at the same time you haven't over weathered them either.  The crewman on the SU-122* peeking around the hatch is a really nice touch as well.

* don't forget the hyphen ;)

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2017 at 19:53, Gav G said:

They are all really nice, three of my favourite Russian tanks.   I like the way you've mangled the fenders on them too to give the impression of use but at the same time you haven't over weathered them either.  The crewman on the SU-122* peeking around the hatch is a really nice touch as well.

* don't forget the hyphen ;)

Hi Gav and thank you very much for your very kind comments.

And I have added some hyphens here and there! - thank you for the heads-up. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. Hey Stix, you really nailed these builds. And as always, I'm amazed at the brush painting that is on display. WELL DONE SIR !!!                  Bob H.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...